P40- SHE'S AWOL!!! Now Showing X-52.5 aka Plan B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AND, I am using my one mulligan and starting a quick two to three day build to take to the Queen City Riot car show on June 3rd. They are now having a non-motorized class so I will take this "new" build off bike and 2 others. This will be a rat in my definition, no paint work, mismatched parts, and a hot rod style.

So without further ado, here is a big pile of X-52.5 aka Plan B.

IMG_2092.JPG

I have already thrown most of this bike together tonight.

I started by installing the Higgins beehive springer onto the X-53 frame. Although I have 2 1/2 of these springers, this is the first time I have used one.

IMG_2093.JPG

Again, as I said, no paint work, so the scuffed scratched paint is no issue........Battle Scars!!!

Just put it in a box and drop it in the mail, you still have my shipping address; right?

Alright, the last update for tonight and very possibly not going to stay with this stem and these bars. I just wanted to see how they looked on here!

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

Tune in tomorrow, you will probably see this thing finished and ready to ride. If not, Friday for sure!!

Man, that was fast and furious. Was having flashbacks of my off road build off bike, only no ski.:43::13:

Man, that was fast and furious. Was having flashbacks of my off road build off bike, only no ski.:43::13:

Yeah, I had most of these parts saved back. This build was about 3rd line but I knew that there wouldn't be many modifications, just bolt together and go. And, no...I forgot your address.:crazy::bigsmile:

I really wanted to see the other bike put together, but this is just as good.

Agreed with MC ^, your mix of blue and red hues and leaving it original patina is def Rat-isfying indeed! The apes, ape-propriately, work very well on there. Now you just need some colorful grips and saddle (maybe lay back post?) to finish it off. Have fun at the show!

Love the orange and blue contrast. Great looking bike changeup. [emoji106]
It is funny how that happened, I just wanted to see if I could make the tank work on this frame. I had to trim the tank some back towards the seat tube but I wanted to keep the original graphics on the tank, the more that I looked at it....it works! Then I got out the orange wall duros that I had for another project and thought, what the heck, ordered the set of 3G wheels and it's off to the races!

Agreed with MC ^, your mix of blue and red hues and leaving it original patina is def Rat-isfying indeed! The apes, ape-propriately, work very well on there. Now you just need some colorful grips and saddle (maybe lay back post?) to finish it off. Have fun at the show!
Thanks, I may have to go with some Big Apes on this build. But, I am back to having fun.

Back