Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trading up is good! And my trades with fellow RR biker

Anybody know where the serial numbers are on the Ross Apollo? I have looked everywhere and unless they are buried in paint I don't see them. Also can someone point me in the right direction to find out what year it is?

I went on my daily rounds after cleaning out my shed and my timing couldn't have been more perfect. I went to the scrapyard and found this little gem that had just come in. Scrap guy asked $7 so I paid him $8 (what I got for my junk) just so I get on his good side for next time. :wink: Worth it all day long. :mrgreen:

Only thing wrong with it is the one pedal is ripped out of the crank. Don't know how this happened but it's an easy fix, just got to swap out the arms later.

Well I got the crank swapped out with another one I had in my parts pile, same length without the twist.

Then after some cleaning it is starting to look like money in the bank. I did find a few other small problems but nothing that took more than 5 minutes to fix. The bolt to tighten the bars had sheered the little catch thing off and kept turning so I cut it and replaced it with a good bolt, new crank arms, air in the tires, and a few other little things but for $8 I was expecting to have to do something.

the12volt said:
Great find! I'll bet you can at least $10 for it now ;)

Cheers,
Volt

For $10 I'd keep it, I got it listed at $125 we'll see what happens. :mrgreen:
As I say I never buy I bike I will regret keeping. :wink:

dragnusa said:
That will make someone a cool car show cruiser.
You just gave me an idea, the Haynes Apperson car show is coming up here in Kokomo, might have to ride around on it with a for sale sign on it. :wink:

jayblok said:
Very beautiful find! Is it safe to call it a Lowrider? :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
I'd say so, I can stand it up on the pedal without using the kickstand and it has enough chrome you can only photograph it in the shade. :lol:

CRASH said:
You could sell that here in California in about 10 minutes for that price.
Wish the bike scene was like that here.

Went out for a ride and found this thrown in the trash down the road. Kinda cool for a small bike and it's got some cool parts. Probably fix it up for my nephew if it's not too small.

That is real cool.

Is that sissy bar extendable because it has those holes in a row for those buttons to pop out to lock it in place?

kngtmat said:
That is real cool.

Is that sissy bar extendable because it has those holes in a row for those buttons to pop out to lock it in place?
Yep exactly.

AishaLawson said:
Does not look like a stuff to throw and it's in a pretty good conditions. Anyways by luck you got it and ow you will make a good use of it and your nephew will be happy too.
Yeah as they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. I think it might be too small, it's only 12-1/2 x 2-1/4 tires. Kinda cool seeing fat tires so small.

I was actually thinking about just taking the junk off the bars, maybe swap for some mini apes, and flip it on Craigslist for some cash to put into other projects. Would be a cool board tracker though and you could fit a small engine in it easily too.

Back