ORBO ORBO Inspiration and Entertainment: Klunker Documentaries

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you @One-eyed Sailor . I have seen this note before at other locations that differentiate the bosses are are for front or back (rarely both). Maybe someone can shed some lite on this in the Tips-n-Trix thread (or wherever) because I have no idea why they can't be used interchangeably.....
Mostly because BMX fork tubes are quite a bit larger diameter than the rear stays.

There are a couple of videos by the Deschutes Historical Museum about the early mountain biking around Bend, Oregon. (home of Speed & Research). They had a whole (no longer on show) exhibit with bikes and pictures which was really fun.

These are just interviews, no pictures as far as I can tell. But if you've got time to listen they give a nice feeling for the early days of folks out making trails, climbing mountains, and generally having a good time with friends in the woods.

I'm with you @One-eyed Sailor . I have seen this note before at other locations that differentiate the bosses are are for front or back (rarely both). Maybe someone can shed some lite on this in the Tips-n-Trix thread (or wherever) because I have no idea why they can't be used interchangeably.....
Seat stays are usually much smaller diameter than fork legs

I'm with you folks on the whole BMX fat fork VS skinny seat stay concept, I was referring to other applications (mostly cyclo-cross, older touring, or road bike, etc adaptions) where brake bosses were sold to change from road style to MTB style brakes.....Heck, there is even a difference between u-brake/ roller cam bosses VS cantilevered and v-style bosses........

1708107837717.png

Otis Guy and Joe Breeze on Repack. Lots of great stuff from back in the day on Wende Cragg's FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068003485889

Back