ORANGE CRUSH SWING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a new toy in the mail today and this time it came in a full size box Lol.. The guy did a good job boxing it. Only the front reflector got Crushed!! No biggie! It's a one owner bike. The owner past away and his widow sold me the Bike. A friend of the family boxed up the bike and told me it sat in a back bedroom for 25 over years... (Before Pic!!)
image.jpg
I gave it an extensive detail. I re-greased the bearings, hand rubbed the paint, triple steel wooled the chrome and Evaporust the cad platted hardware. I decided to replace the front and rear fender, also the chain guard with freshly re-chromed ones. And finally! The finishing touch! A NOS Orange Swing Bike seat.. The Man would have been proud...:happy: (After Pics)
image.jpg
image.jpg

That looks really good! I've been wanting a Swing Bike for a while now. As a kid, there was a girl down the street who had a green one. She let me ride it a couple times, ride is the wrong word, crash it a couple times and would laugh at me. She was a master at it (riding the bike and at laughing at me). I feel it's time I finally learn how to ride one.

That looks really good! I've been wanting a Swing Bike for a while now. As a kid, there was a girl down the street who had a green one. She let me ride it a couple times, ride is the wrong word, crash it a couple times and would laugh at me. She was a master at it (riding the bike and at laughing at me). I feel it's time I finally learn how to ride one.
I bought my first Swing Bike 3 years ago and it was a one owner Blue one for $600 It took me a day or two to get any good at it. The first day I didn't like it and then I got hooked!! I think it's the most fun bike to ride and is defiantly the best core exercise work out.. If you want a lot of attention
image.jpg
then ride one on the Boardwalk! People are confused and dazed just watching you. It turns heads and puts a ton of smiles on both young and old..

I'm up to my elbows in Grease today!! You can buy it I think in 12oz. I used very little on the Bike! It will clean up ten cars or 300 bikes.. I'm sure it's a lot more in the Country of California! Lol. It makes me a lot of money with me selling cars. It restores a really scratched up Paint job..

Yeah, Swing Bikes are hot right now, they seem to be getting huge prices.

I have a brochure for one with Jimmy Osmond on the cover...just need to find a bike now.

Those are really cool. I'd want my boys to try one out, but they aren't cheap.

There was one on CL yesterday in, I think, Gilroy? It's not on there today. It was $400 and was missing the fenders and had some major parts that were incorrect. Wrong sprocket/cranks, BMX type gooseneck, BMX Tuffwheel on the front.

Yea these bikes are hard to restore if they are missing parts.. So I would try to find one close to complete. The parts are all unique and you will have to re-chrome. The reflectors are cat eye. You have to buy other Swing Bikes sometimes to better your bike. I found out that both John Deere bikes and Royal Union bikes share some of the same parts. Like the goose neck Cheater or Gumball slick, handle bars, BMX looking grips, rear wheel with the (36 spoke Shimano Coaster Brake B Type).. I have several bikes so if you have any questions or need me to shoot any pictures I can. There was also two variations, two company's that built the bikes. Fu Lu and Dod Sun Co. And you had your choice or only four colors. Blue, Green, Yellow and Orange... This one I customized with one of Jaxons custom chopper forks..
image.jpg
It was originally a Green bike with rough paint..
image.jpg

Back