Old Manse Hawthorne...LAST DAY RIDE VIDEO! pg 9 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fenders need to be a little more wraparound to complement that bike. But they still look good on there.

The fenders need to be a little more wraparound to complement that bike. But they still look good on there.
Like the 'tail dragger' style? Real low in the back of both front and rear? I hear you. Maybe I'll take my chances at the two swaps coming up in the next month around here, barter my shiny ones for some wrap around....thanks for the idea!

Setback has a bobbed fender.
a14f21bbad2243f327e5446ecfe74ae1.jpg

Basically just cut the leading end short and trim it to fit the mounting area, and voila bobbed fender.

Like the 'tail dragger' style? Real low in the back of both front and rear? I hear you. Maybe I'll take my chances at the two swaps coming up in the next month around here, barter my shiny ones for some wrap around....thanks for the idea!
Also the kind that wrap the other way too, around the tire. Here's an example:
$_1.JPG

Setback has a bobbed fender.
a14f21bbad2243f327e5446ecfe74ae1.jpg

Basically just cut the leading end short and trim it to fit the mounting area, and voila bobbed fender.

Yep just like that, here is my example as well.
3557f19cd7fd40abc9185fc230d96b65.jpg

Great frame and awesome chainguard.
Looking cool so far!

Thanks man! How's the Asian tour going?

We're having a blast. We've already been to Tokyo, Kyoto, and Hong Kong. Currently we are in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Looks like I am going to be able to ride with some of our Manila bike buds in a week or so too.

Last edited:
I kinda like this one with no fenders OJ.
lean and mean...once the fenders go on, I find it kindof chubs the bike out a bit.
maybe something in between the top tubes..not a tank, but flat panel? a sign? half of a flat panel with some curves like an extended gusset...
:happy:
F.

Well @franconuevo , sometimes ideas become reality. This morning I travelled across our fine metro we call the Twin Cities to my favorite 'rat trap'.

My friend Matt has supplied me with many frames and parts that have shown up on these pages. He has a passion for old bikes, and comes across many in his work searching for antiques and rusty goods for his General Store Antique mart.

He had told me about a set of peaked fenders he had that might work for the Old Manse. I brought the bike with to check the fit. When he saw the frame his eyes lit up and he said,"I might have the tank for that bike!"

He disappeared into one of his sheds, and seconds later he emerged, with the tank cradled in his hands.

I'm going to pull some of the shiny house paint off the fenders, but here is the bike in it's new 'rat-ified' state....
20170515_191448.jpg

20170515_191406.jpg

20170515_191424.jpg

Nice bike, guard and tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCORE!!!! That tank is terrific.
Nice bike, guard and tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys. It was one of those moments where you suddenly realize that it was the piece that was just so perfect for this build. It was funny, because as stoked as I was when I saw it, I wasn't surprised. Matt has come through with so many cool parts and frames, he just seems to know what I'm thinking. A great friend and kindred 'trust in rust' spirit!

Your cooking now !!

Man, how can you score any better than that ? The bike gods are with you on that tank OJ....well, maybe not the bike gods..but def. one of those times where going out and getting tanked with Matt is a 'good thing'..
:thumbsup::happy: F.

Latest posts

Back