Next Venice Board Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of my next build in it's early stage... It's a 1950 Schwinn Panther.
It's gonna look like the first BTR, but with a lot more attention to detail!
The frame & fork have been powder coated deep blue.
It's getting another Pat Dolan stainless steel tank, chrome SBP expansion pipe, VMB front disc brake & all the goodies! 8)
vmbbtr2.jpg

Here's the first BTR...
VeniceBTR006.jpg

Beautiful blue colour and nice shape to the tank! Maybe you should make a good looking logo and decorate the tank with? In my opinion, to have a web adress on the tank looks out of place, kind of just like advertising and it takes away from the nice look of the rest of the bike. :)

Galtbacken said:
Beautiful blue colour and nice shape to the tank! Maybe you should make a good looking logo and decorate the tank with? In my opinion, to have a web adress on the tank looks out of place, kind of just like advertising and it takes away from the nice look of the rest of the bike. :)
Design one for me! (Lets see what you got?) :shock:

So, here's a little idea I put down on paper. I tried to make something that breathed a little of the 1920's -30's era of bike logos, with golden sunrays for Venice Ca. It's shape allows it to be placed on either side of the tank and still maintain the same symmetry, just turn the letters around. And if you turn it 90 degrees counter clockwise and the letters 90 degrees the other way, it would also work as a headbadge. When I'd coloured it I realized that maybe white would look better for the letters, or make the red part white and the letters red, but this is just a basic idea and colours could be changed.
Anyway, if you like it feel free to use it and if you don't it's fine by me! :)
VMBlogga.jpg

Galtbacken said:
So, here's a little idea I put down on paper. I tried to make something that breathed a little of the 1920's -30's era of bike logos, with golden sunrays for Venice Ca. It's shape allows it to be placed on either side of the tank and still maintain the same symmetry, just turn the letters around. And if you turn it 90 degrees counter clockwise and the letters 90 degrees the other way, it would also work as a headbadge. When I'd coloured it I realized that maybe white would look better for the letters, or make the red part white and the letters red, but this is just a basic idea and colours could be changed.
Anyway, if you like it feel free to use it and if you don't it's fine by me! :)
VMBlogga.jpg

Killer Design! It'll work great on that Mean Machine :x :D .

Glad to hear it! :D
Unfortunately I don't have the required image editing programs in my computer to be able to digitalize it appropriately for you (this is just a photo taken with my camera), but the design is yours to do with as you like! If you want I can send you the painted sketch, just pm me what adress to send it to. :)
Really like that chopper your building, looks great!

Min flickvän är orginalare så kan höra med henne om hon kan fixa det åt er gratis hon tycker det mest är kul. Ska jag höra orkade inte engelska just nu haha....

/Oldboy

Back