Newbie, looking for bike ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. I'm actually posting this for a senior who found a bike in a barn . I told him I would try to find it online and ended up here. I looked at images and could not find this exact bike. Anybody with any info at all would be appreciated. I hope this is allowed. I know the seat is not right but everything else seems to be there.

Attachments

• IMG_8598.JPG
    IMG_8598.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8599.JPG
    IMG_8599.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8600.JPG
    IMG_8600.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8601.JPG
    IMG_8601.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello everybody. I'm actually posting this for a senior who found a bike in a barn . I told him I would try to find it online and ended up here. I looked at images and could not find this exact bike. Anybody with any info at all would be appreciated. I hope this is allowed. I know the seat is not right but everything else seems to be there.
It is a Western Flyer Buzz Bike made by Murray Of Ohio, if pedals are original it is after '71 as they have reflectors. There does not seem to be a MBA sticker on seat post so it would be before '73. Try looking for Western auto circulars to see if you can find one with that same frame. Good luck

MBA?

The BMA6 decals were added in 71. I found a frame similar to that, I think mid 70's is a good guess.

This frame has a grommet and chopper forks, but looks like the same frame otherwise. Cranks look the same also. The description just said it was a 70's Buzzbike.

1704763070836.jpeg

The BMA6 decals were added in 71. I found a frame similar to that, I think mid 70's is a good guess.

This frame has a grommet and chopper forks, but looks like the same frame otherwise. Cranks look the same also. The description just said it was a 70's Buzzbike.

View attachment 256085
The rear end looks right but there is a rake to the head tube on the one you show.

I believe the date may be printed on the black sticker just above the BB (bottom of the post between the seat and pedals).
Last thing on the sticker, lower right. The ones I've seen have seemed about right for a month-year.
Would be just out of sight in your second pic.
I don't know if thats an official thing at all but as I said, they seem to make sense

I believe the date may be printed on the black sticker just above the BB (bottom of the post between the seat and pedals).
Last thing on the sticker, lower right. The ones I've seen have seemed about right for a month-year.
Would be just out of sight in your second pic.
I don't know if thats an official thing at all but as I said, they seem to make sense
11 71 - according to the first picture.

Latest posts

Back