NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in one of my local Wally's today, and saw a Lady's 29"er cruiser. There wasn't a men's, but what I noticed from pictures, the men's Onyx has deep V rims. This lady cruiser had regular box rims. Maybe not as wide as I would want them to put some real fatty's on it, but I don't think 29"er cruisers are really on board with fatty tires and such. Maybe 2013 some 'big' cruiser names will get on board.

0001675122989_300X300.jpg

Surprised that no one has used a Genesis 29er wheelset with a build off bike yet.

I saw these bikes at the Santa Maria Ca Walmart last week. Available in four or five colors, all in stock. Aluminum frame. $199. They're not available on the website.

Here is a Huffy from Kmart but it was a week ago so I don't remember the price and check out the last pic of pickle juice freezer pops at Walmart, I know it's not a bike but it's funny to me and may be good if your one of the people who drink the juice when the pickles are gone.

IMG_20120706_130401.jpg

IMG_20120706_130426.jpg

IMG_20120706_130414.jpg

IMG_20120706_130457.jpg

IMG_20120706_130509.jpg

IMG_20120611_144437.jpg

Not a bad looking Huffy,looks like it's be a great start to a project,IMHO....IDK about them pickle pops though :p :lol:

largek9 said:
I know there not new and their crappy quaility ,but I broke my other one last night (a year old) and what I didn't know it came with a couple master links! The last one didn't, to me thats worth the $4.96 just for the m/links!

030-1.jpg

034.jpg

once one of the teeth brake out(or you snap it out) you can use it on Skip Tooth Chains.

Would someone be in the position to please obtain specifics on the actual size of tires and especially rims on the 32"er?

I've been making a case for 32" (698mmm as my chosen rim bead size) for all kinds of bikes for a long time. Cruisers not being one of them, or at least not my field of interest.
IMO 29" bikes are so-so in terms of wheel size for riders 6 foot and up. If 5'1" ladies can ride to world cup wins on 29" bikes, surely it's not the ideal wheel size for XC for big guys?
Anyway, if I'd learn what these bikes really ARE, I might be able to take it to the next level. I believe in this size, of course if the execution of rims and tires and especially frame is to certain standards.
Imagine rims 3" taller than 700c, for you cyclocross style commuter. Or even full-on road bike, then with 28-30mm slicks. How would that track at speeds? And roll, man, how would it roll... I want 32" mainly for XC, my thang. I think it can and will be to 29" what 29" already is to 26". 10% bigger. Where 26" is for kids, say 1m50, 29"is for +10%, 1m65. 32" can be for 10% more, 1m83 which is 6'0". I did not even prepare these figure, they just came to me starting with a very conversative height for a 26" kids bike. We all know from 1m35 26" fits fine.

Thanks for any more info! Being in Europe, no Walmart for me!

FunkyStickman said:
Cloxxki said:
Thanks for any more info! Being in Europe, no Walmart for me!

I would love to live in Europe.... no Wal-Marts! :wink:

From what I've seen here, the bike section can be a lot of fun. I am a recovering XC and CX weight weenie. I can really appreciate semi-useful bike items that weight a tons, look funky, and will likely die young. Just he idea of a bike so cheap that when as much as a bell or reflector falls off, I'd leaves the bike in its place, walk home, and take out the next copy in line to go on with my day.
Serieusly, a $169 bike that looks like a 21-speed road bike? Too bad it's too small for me. $199 32" bike? A 36"er of similar design and quality goes for €500 here!

kngtmat said:
I saw in a flyer in the paper from Sears with this bike and a girls bike, Acooring to the site Schwinn Drifter with a springer that is Sears exclusive but the closest store is too far away from me especially without a car.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00630011000P

Looks pretty good. The ride back will be easier than the walk there! :lol:

Re: NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART

Rat Rod said:
Here's the OP aluminum cruiser...$118.00

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Ocean-Paci ... r/11089181

26" Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser:

* Lightweight aluminum frame
* Platform cruiser pedals
* Authentic Ocean Pacific graphics
* Comfortable seat
* Single speed
* Coaster brakes

after reading this the other day, lo and behold, I was offered on in trade for a bb gun I got at wal mart doe 40 bucks. a trade Im happy with. we shall see what I do with her, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Specifications

Frame: Aluminum
Bike Type: Comfort Bikes
Assembly Required: Yes
Model No.: WMA-92601
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 40.7
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 74.02 x 26.78 x 44.88
Assembled in Country of Origin: USA and/or Imported
Origin of Components: USA and/or Imported
Wal-Mart No.: 000733049

0068067400878_500X500.jpg

What about tires and tubes? If they don't have them, one blowout and you're sunk...

Bigcam59 said:
What about tires and tubes? If they don't have them, one blowout and you're sunk...
Unicyclists are taking these bikes apart for just one wheel, as we speak :)

Back