NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
OK, I sat on the 32" cruiser tonight and though the standover is very low, the bike is HUGE! Oh my, it makes 26" bikes look tiny, and it's LONG! My wife just laughed at me when I sat on it and said it looked ridiculous.

Now you know how I feel on Fugsley!!

I found a Walmart that had the 32" (one out of the three in town had them). None were on display, so I couldn't really look at it. I'm seriously contemplating buying one for the wheels. I would build my own frame (probably use the forks, though). I've been wanting to try building a bike around the Coker 36" forever, and this might be a cheap alternative.

Carbon said:
That frame is all jacked up on those things, they could have done a more traditional looking frame then that, the'll be on clearence next month for 36 bucks cause I just don't see them selling many of em. :lol:

I'd buy one for that much, but the handlebars are too high, and this is coming from a guy that rides a tall bike most of the time.

kingfish254 said:
Now you know how I feel on Fugsley!!

Yeah but Fugsley is a custom, this is a stock bike! I wanna know how it turns because it's long, or at least looks it, it's probably just the wheel overhang.

A neighborhood kid is riding one around, it is huge. He let me take it for a quick ride, and it feels funny being so big but balanced. Would make a great bike to add a motor to.

aka_locojoe said:
I was just at Walmart.com and was surprised to see they sold derailleurs, freewheels, shifters, seat posts etc... Geez.

I know, they have a bunch of stuff on the website that will never make the shelves on the store. Some of the prices are pretty decent too.

K-Mart bike and a Thruster Fixie with different colors.

IMG_20120402_100225.jpg

IMG_20120402_100203.jpg

IMG_20120402_100152.jpg

The last pic of a decal is too funny.
IMG_20120611_133859.jpg

IMG_20120611_133913.jpg

:lol: :lol:
IMG_20120611_134040.jpg

Yooth really needs those pink tires to match his shoes!!!!!

my lbs pulled out a bunch of violet blue 26 x 1-3/8 tires with a thin pink line on them the other day from the early 80's ... history repeats it seems :lol:

Every time I 've come across a Thruster i've had the thought "too bad they couldnt come up a better color scheme "

Not exactly what I had in mind.

You guys are too funny.

$99 same as the first black/red/yellow version still is.

The week before that bike was hanging from the roof which is why I didin't post it then since it was too far up for the camera on my phone.

Quanah said:
I'm just glad that they would let me take off the decals if I wanted to...GEESH!!!

Nothing screams "Loner" and "Rebel" more than pink and aquamarine argyle decals!!!

Went back to Walmart a few days ago and they had sold about half of the ones I took pictures of about a week earlier. So that's about 40 bikes in 8 days. So I guess someone thinks they look good.

I'm not one of those. The top bar looks really strange to me. And even stranger in person than it looks in the pictures.

been checking the walmart near where i live and the one near where i work and niether has gotten the 32. there's 4-6 more in the city, but not nearby. i still don't have a idea of how big it is, but i saw this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLbr6vap3wE

don't know how tall he is, but he makes it look tiny. looks like he has the seatpost all the way out.

Indeed, he must be very tall.....I have the Onyx 29er, I'm 6'2" and the bike seems huge :shock: ....its almost like riding a horse.

Back