NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped by Walmart today and they still don't have the 32er's yet.

They did have this Schwinn with red rims.

WP_001898.jpg

And a lime green and blue Thruster Fixie

WP_001899.jpg

WP_001900.jpg

And I saw this 29er Highroller at Target

WP_001892.jpg

As well as these bike picture frames at Target

WP_001893.jpg

That guy must be 8 feet tall because the trash/recycle cans like that here are 4 or 5 feet tall and that guy needs a banana seat to get more support because that seat post look too high that it might come off.

I actually like that green & blue fixie and I like the Onyx/Onex and the chrome pollished aluminum version but not so much the red, I still want an Onex bike to make a KITT bike and ad a scanner bar to the front & make a gullwing steering wheel.

Well my Wally World had the new 32" bikes...in many colors.
We got'em in RED
WalmartBigBike003.jpg

We got'em in LIME GREEN
WalmartBigBike002.jpg

We got'em in ELECTRIC BLUE
WalmartBigBike004.jpg

And we got'em in WHITE
WalmartBigBike001.jpg

AND...they are BIG :shock:
WalmartBigBike006.jpg

I'm 5'10" by the way if that helps with a size comparison.
And apparently Wally World really doesn't want you to test ride them instore...go figure. :oops:
WalmartBigBike005.jpg

I'll wait until the 32s hit craigslist for the second hand market (usually 6 months after their initial release. I'll grab the wheels and front fork, and create a new frame. The stock 3 piece cranks on walmart bike are so... meh.

I went by my Walmart this morning, a couple things:

1: There were a bunch of 32" cruisers there of all colors last week, now most of them are gone.

2: The "Thruster" branded bikes have decals that remove easily without leaving residue, thus the "remove these decals" sticker on the fixie. I bought a used Thruster BMX and the stickers almost fell off, so I peeled back corners on decals on the same BMX bike and the Fixie model and they are the same, easy to remove, no residue.

StepChld said:
WalmartBigBike006.jpg

I'm 5'10" by the way if that helps with a size comparison.

that helps. i'm 5'11" so i guess that's how it would fit me. i still want one eventually.

got an answer to my youtube post, that guy is 6'7".

I know there not new and their crappy quaility ,but I broke my other one last night (a year old) and what I didn't know it came with a couple master links! The last one didn't, to me thats worth the $4.96 just for the m/links!

030-1.jpg

034.jpg

well, just came from my local to my house walmart and stopped by the bikes...

GO TO WALMART...CHECK THE BIKE RACK...IT'S THE LAW :x !!!

...and still none, but there was a guy loading bikes on the racks so i asked if he knew of any coming. he didn't know what i was talking about. i also don't think english was his first language so i couldn't get exactly what he knew about them.

but as i was walking away a couple of manager types checked on him so i asked them about it, but again, they had no idea what i was talking about and i had to explain it to them. all they could do was point me to the site to store kiosk. as best i can tell they're not on there either (i'm not good with computers though).

i hope some store gets them. this could be bad in two ways. hard to get new, and even if one pops up used, the seller can decide it's "rare" and want some crazy price for it. i'm on vacation though, so some time this week i'll wander around the city and see if any stores have them.

I was at Wally earlier and saw some interesting tires. They had a new version of the Panama Jack bike that had Fatti-O style brown tires w/ white walls and a different bike with 26x2.235 cream cruisers. There's a couple others but it's temping to buy one just for the wheels & tires! Here's some pics:

http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/bike ... ike-tires/

They have a cool Huffy bike now with a Shimano Nexus 3 speed internal hub. It has a lot of cool parts on it, EXCEPT that they are all embossed (grips, rack, chain guard) or embroidered (seat) with the huffy logo. I think even the tires might say Huffy on them.

I looked that up. It's called a Huffy Regatta. Sells for $199. I read somewhere that it has rims as wide as Felt? I doubt that, but I want to go see it to find out for sure. Nexus 3 speed and wide rims? It might be worth it!

clerkkent said:
I'll wait until the 32s hit craigslist for the second hand market (usually 6 months after their initial release. I'll grab the wheels and front fork, and create a new frame. The stock 3 piece cranks on walmart bike are so... meh.

My exact thought. I want to make one of my scratch built frames around those 32" wheels.

mrfritz said:
Midlake Crisis said:
I found this 7-speed Schwinn Admiral at WalMart for $159 and was going to buy it for my daughter.
0003867540438_300X300.jpg

I checked CL first and found one that was literally like new for $100. The seller had only used it once, attached to a baby trailer, and parked it for a year before listing it for sale. The tires were flat from sitting, and when I got it home I found out that both front and rear brakes were rubbing the rims - I can't imagine what it would be like trying to ride with both brakes dragging while hauling a baby trailer. No wonder the poor lady had parked it. Anyway, it is a fun bike for $100, classic style if not really a rat, but close enough to follow the wife and I around on our Electra tandem. It rolls a LOT better on the road than her old mountain bike with the fat knobbies.

I think that model is on it's way to be discontinued. I bought one online yesterday for store pickup. I'm going to try to leave it in the box for a bit but already have the cream tires and few other ideas for it. The jet black Onex 29 bad boy flaming skull convertible and the snow white with pink trim princess cruiser.... They might not be ratty but they sure can be FUN!

Admiral update - since I last posted we decided the geometry of the Admiral just wasn't working for us, so I installed a laid-back seat post and some Electra bullhorn cruiser bars. It made the bike a LOT more comfortable to ride.

Midlake, do you happen to have pics of what the Admiral looks like now? I bought the female version for a friend and she loves it. Also have you guys seen the male version of the admiral? I like the look and paint of it

Let's see a pic of that Admiral redux! I rcommemended this to our carriage house tenant and she has loved it. Since then I have suggeested to other people looking for a decent ladies city bike but don't want to spend a lot.

kingfish254 said:
Let's see a pic of that Admiral redux! I rcommemended this to our carriage house tenant and she has loved it. Since then I have suggeested to other people looking for a decent ladies city bike but don't want to spend a lot.
5f5cb940.jpg

Nothing fancy, just swapped the bars and post and removed the rack because it was interfering with the seat springs.
Oh, and my hi-tech light mod 8)

when I am killing time I will go into a walmart in what ever town i am in... and have you ever noticed that depending
on the location of the store.. it carries different types of cloths.. and other items I mean I understand that its good marketing
to play to your demo .. but when I noticed this.. I also noticed that the store I was in was like a time warp .. sometimes its like
your in a different country ... :lol:

Latest posts

Back