NEW PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA UPDATED mar/18/2009

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA 2/13/2009!!!

i got the fork on the right way this time no more creeking noises check it out
colummbiabicycle003.jpg
colummbiabicycle002.jpg
colummbiabicycle006.jpg

so what does everyone think about it let me no what your thoughts are on it :D :mrgreen:

I think a bigger wheel up front...if ya cant fit a 26" what about a 24"?

i think if i put a larger tire on it it would hit the fendar i wanted anyway a sloped down front thanks though :D

alrighty then seems to be the case everyone wants to see a larger tire i will take the tire off and put the old tire back on it and i will post photos of it

no dice the 26inch tire way to big wont fit and i dont have a 24inch and i dont think that would even work either :roll:

If you adjust the fender(you may have to drill a new mounting hole), you should be able to fit a 26 up there. I have 2 of these forks, and 26s fit fine... But if you like the sloped look, roll with it. But the way you have it set up, with the spring part reversed, even with a 26 it will slope down in the front a little.

Hey Micah. Did you get that little duck tailed front fender I put it the box?

howdy kota yes i got the fendar im not sure how i would hook that too the fork

jesusfreak86 said:
howdy kota yes i got the fendar im not sure how i would hook that too the fork
There is a mounting tab sticking out of the fender. The fender you have on now, "screwed" in underneath the bottom of the fork. CUT the tab off, and drill a hole, to mount like that one...........That fender is for a 26 inch wheel, I was just wondering if ya got it or not.

if the mounting tab is riveted on, you should be able to drill it out. It'll remove the tab and "create" a hole to mount it..

howdy i have added a shorter crank and i have had the bike shop shortend the chain as i dont own a chain tool and the bike shop put my vintage bicycle reflector on the back and i got there at the bike shop a 20.75 white kenda tire for the rim i got from unchained and i order a white kenda 26 x 2.125 for the back :D

i think the small wheel has potential. remove the front fender and stick a fat white wall on that wheel. the tire and fender more than anything look out of place on that bike.

Re: UPDATED PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA 2/10/2009!!!

micah said:
Well we're movin on up, To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie

Re: UPDATED PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA 2/13/2009

i felt like i wanted it closer to the top for when i get my new photos posted im got new tires my mom is going to put on and im waiting for a new fender to come i half to send payment for that out on wensday the fender includes a headset and fork im just using the fender on this bike i do a lot of nutty things that dont make a lot of since some people say im handicapped i say im eccentric :D :lol

Re: UPDATED PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA 2/13/2009

Have patience, Micah. When you bump up your posts with nothing NEW on it, people may not "click" on it when you DO have something new.....There are so many threads to look at, and so little time to look.

Re: NO NEW PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA LAST UPDATED 2/13/2009

Hi Micah,

Payment for the wheel was received today, unfortunately we are snowed in up here and I wasn't able to ship it today. It is ready and will be going out tomorrow afternoon.

Latest posts

Back