New Lowrider build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a go at stick welding many years ago at college. my problem is I have no workshop space!! I have a Moulton Mini build on the go but having a little builders block!! Also got my eye on a frame on evil bay for a cycle speedway style build.

I really like your frame style! It reminds me of a sectioned hot rod where the body is cut down horizontally cool! Are you adding seat stays ?
If not it may fold at the bottom bracket attachment.
A couple of tubes from where the center tube meets the seat tube to the center of your arched chain stays might be enough. You could give them the same arch as the chain stays just down.

I had a go at stick welding many years ago at college. my problem is I have no workshop space!! I have a Moulton Mini build on the go but having a little builders block!! Also got my eye on a frame on evil bay for a cycle speedway style build.
Oh yeah I've got the same problem cos I live in a flat so I've got to take everything to work. What's a Moulton Mini sounds cool. If there's anything I could help you with let me know. I love the speedway looking bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like your frame style! It reminds me of a sectioned hot rod where the body is cut down horizontally cool! Are you adding seat stays ?
If not it may fold at the bottom bracket attachment.
A couple of tubes from where the center tube meets the seat tube to the center of your arched chain stays might be enough. You could give them the same arch as the chain stays just down.
Like a chop top lol. Thank you. Na I'm not going to add seat stays I welded everything to the bb and the bottom tube. I propped up the head tube and stood on the seat tube and jumped up and down and looked at all the welds and there was no cracks. And it didn't bend so I'm happy with that really I'm not going to take it off road only going ride it on the weekends to work to taking the dog for a run. I'll keep a eye on it tho and if I see any cracks I'll put some seat stays on. Thanks mate :)

Cool on the jump test! That's impressive. Can't wait to see it done.

Cool on the jump test! That's impressive. Can't wait to see it done.
Lol I have faith in the jump test lol. Thanks mate I'll try and get a pic of what I done with the bb

Oh yeah I've got the same problem cos I live in a flat so I've got to take everything to work. What's a Moulton Mini sounds cool. If there's anything I could help you with let me know. I love the speedway looking bikes

Moulton Mini is a small version of a classic small wheeled British bike. Designed by the late Sir Alex Moulton. Interesting little bikes.

Moulton Mini is a small version of a classic small wheeled British bike. Designed by the late Sir Alex Moulton. Interesting little bikes.

Like this one ?
y5u4equj.jpg

I've just googled them there cool looking bikes ;)

That's one of the newer models, which also runs 16" wheels. Mine is a 1960's model which was built 7/8 of the full size version and runs 14" wheels instead of the usual 16" wheels. The idea behind it was to be a better size for children to ride & also for the average height woman from that era. Some had hub gears etc but mine is a single speed. Some pics of it in my thread here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/unkown-year-moulton-mini-ideas-welcome.82540/

That's one of the newer models, which also runs 16" wheels. Mine is a 1960's model which was built 7/8 of the full size version and runs 14" wheels instead of the usual 16" wheels. The idea behind it was to be a better size for children to ride & also for the average height woman from that era. Some had hub gears etc but mine is a single speed. Some pics of it in my thread here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/unkown-year-moulton-mini-ideas-welcome.82540/
Oh that's a cool looking little bike man. Haven't had much time to work on my low ratter. My mtb got nicked out of my shed so I had to get a new one yesterday so I get a nice little road bike ;)

On the up side I got a set of 24 inch wheels for her. With 2.125 white walls on them witch will make her look a lot better then with the 700cs and she will sit lower ;)

Back