New guy intro from Simi Valley, CA (SoCal area) "with pics"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to do a quick intro here. I've mainly been lurking around this great site gaining alot of knowledge and bicycle ideas. I love this site and recently did some purchasing from biss-ness on a pair of handle bars intend to use on my first custom build.

Anyways, since I always enjoy seeing pictures on here...I thought I'd share a couple pics of a recent beach cruise I did with the lady a couple weeks ago. We go some amazing warm weather here in January a couple weeks back and it was 80 degrees so had to take the bikes to the beach. We met up with my girlfriend's best friend, her parents and another couple that were all beach camping in Ventura, CA. Turns out that the other couple is into vintage cruisers and is a semi collector of old/reproduction Schwinns cruisers. I didn't chat with him too much, so I don't know the details of his bikes, but you can check out the pics below.

I'm really glad I came across this great forum and will hopefully have some pictures up after my first build. I currently have a reproduction 1948 Roadmaster Luxury Liner that I swapped out the stock bars and added some sting-ray type bars on just to give a little custom feel. I might switch them back though. And my lady took out my Micargi cruiser that I got 2 years ago to join in on a big 4th of July cruise around town that happens in Huntington Beach, CA that I'm sure a couple of you here have been to. But the looking to do something more Ratty this year before we go to Huntington for the 4th later this year.

Anyways...here are some pics and hope to post more pics soon. And the pics aren't as great as I would have liked as all I had on me was my iPhone, but came ok considering:

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Re: New guy intro from Simi Valley, CA (SoCal)

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

I hope these pictures aren't too large or that I posted too many and of course I didn't make it in any of the shots myself cause I'm always behind the camera, but maybe next time? :lol:

-Tony

Back