New Electra Bike owner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m a fresh Electra owner. Just received my brand new Straight 8. I’m considering mounting some kind of a ”cargo rack” to it, but what options are available if I can’t build a custom rack myself? Would you recommend to add a rack to the front or back of this model? It would be mostly for putting light stuff on it, some grocery shopping and such.

Attachments

• IMG_9898.jpeg
    IMG_9898.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 4
Hi, I’m a fresh Electra owner. Just received my brand new Straight 8. I’m considering mounting some kind of a ”cargo rack” to it, but what options are available if I can’t build a custom rack myself? Would you recommend to add a rack to the front or back of this model? It would be mostly for putting light stuff on it, some grocery shopping and such.
Hi! I always recommend a rear rack for the better weight distribution. Front rack could slightly impede turning and balance. For the rear rack - orginal Electra ladies rack fits well! Just need to add some spacers on the bottom.

s_MG_8710.jpg

_MG_7415.jpg

Hi again! Are there any tricks on how to get rid of the ”creaking” noise from the Electra Straight 8 saddle? My wife is making fun of me, so I have to try and fix it..

It's from one of the moving parts on the saddle. I use an old toothbrush with grease or oil and coat the parts after loosening them. Probably the front hinge or the springs is making the noise. Then tighten them back up and wipe off any excess.
Or,
Get a new Brooks B66 and thank your wife for bringing the problem to your attention.
1690320867190.png

Squeaky seats seems to be a common complaint from Electra owners. I changed the seat on mine shortly after I got my Electra. Didn't ride it long enough to hear any creaking or squeaking before I changed the seat. I just didn't find the factory seat all that comfy! :21:

I fixed the noisy seat on my daughter’s Electra by spraying the springs and front mount with lithium spray grease. It may get noisy again sometime later. I have a few Brooks B67 saddles and they’re great. The front mount on those can squeak as well and found silicone spray works to get rid of it.

Latest posts

Back