"New" 2 speed Kickback Hubs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have a ton of them on order but none have come in yet. i would asume it has to do with issues with the hub. i did not go to inter bike so i dont know who is making it either. the ss sport is very cool but schwinn at least as of yet is not offering the tires as an accessory :roll: the first one we got in has been rat rodded maybe if it is still there tomorrow i will snap some pics of it.

well i called schwinn today about when the 2 speed bikes would be out. they said quote "due to issues with the hub they will not be released and will be replaced with one spd hubs". sucks because i was as were a lot of you looking forwards to the new kick back :(

i know it we preordered like 30 alloy ss bikes because of the hub and how many people wanted them. maybe next time schwinn should do some more r&d before printing something like that in the book.

Sad

It's 2007 and Schwinn can not make or contract a company to supply technology that first appeared in 1960...and worked just fine back then?

It was kinda like...the coolest thing in this years Schwinn lineup.

They keep missing the boat, I'm not too sure the intrest will be the same in those models with a 1 speed hub. :roll:

its funny you say that because when mike and me were talking about it he mentioned that too. someone out there has the tooling for the old bendex 2 speed just repop the darn thing and call it good. then schwinn went and discontinued the original style stingray. i am also a little pissed at schwinn because they keep saying they are going to offer things like the seats and tires after market but i have not seen that either. they make a real nice cruiser and they are by far the most old feeling bikes when ridden. but they really are missing the boat.

Latest posts

Back