Need advice for removing seatpost shim/adapter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a 52 CWC frame and want to use a different seatpost.I need to pull this adapter/shim/thing out of seat tube,it goes down about 5".Any insight would help before I start wiggling it out and possibly denting the tube.
Cheers
J

I thought the same thing . I have been to two worlds fairs and a hog greasing and have never
seen anything like that. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looks like it could be braised in. Try tapping the inter tangs with a cold chisel lightly to see if they separate from the outer tube if no luck buy a 5/8" cool seat post from slowriders on the site and keep the same size.

I think I'd go to a metal supply place and get some round stock to fit in the shim and make a new seat post before I'd tackle this removal.

I think a propane torch would heat that sized stock enough to bent it to any angle you need. Need a lay-back seat post?

Hey thanks for givin' this a look at.There's no rivet,it's just paint,4 layers worth.I'm thinking like jrrykr on this one.I'd rather bend a seatpost than funk up the tube.I might as well make a few and lose 20 pounds while I'm at it.

Latest posts

Back