My Wagons Caprice and Olds C.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to installing my stereo system in the shaggin' wagon.

And at night

Also proud to report that the wagon is running excellent and just turned over 231k on the odometer!

And a close up of my new rims.

Everything's looking good.
231 on the odometer, any idea what's on the jasper engine?

Low mileage is great but don't count out all cars over mileage, I had a 78 Mercedes Benz 240D diesel that had 500k when I bought it. I thought it'd be a one year beater but it never died, through many miles, 3 odometers, and very little maintenance it survived to an estimated 2,000,000 miles! And it DROVE ITSELF to the scrap yard.

More progress on the shaggin wagon, shaved the tailgate emblems, still have to clean some residue off and shave the abs emblem but the Chevrolet and Caprice emblems are gone. Soon as that's done I'm gonna start on the doors. Pics tomorrow.

Shaved the tailgate emblems

on a bike note I found a free bike trailer and a free aluminum box that fits it perfectly so I made a new trailer for my bike.

Also added this hookup from an old roof rack so I can tow a bike behind it.

Also made a cool trash find today, had to do a little dumpster diving but came up with 2 free 15x7 Chevy rally wheels with gmc center caps. So with the 15x8 wheels I got from the flea market for $10 I now have 2 complete sets plus the set on the car that are just plain.

They look great, one has a slight ding, looks like curb rash but not bad and the beauty rings will cover it anyway.

My wagon got a workout today towing another vehicle in distress home. Today I scored an amazing deal on a second vehicle. Was talking with an acquaintance from school and he was showing me his new car... I asked what he was doing with his old Blazer and he said the starter went out and it was sitting in a fast food parking lot across town and he was going to sell it to the junk man for $100 (scrap is down bad right now). I told him I'd double that offer and long story short a $200 1992 Blazer 4x4 2 door followed me home. Wagon WIN!

I got it home, cleaned it out and it doesn't look horrible, needs a few things like the door windows put back on track and a passenger seat bracket, and a few small areas of rust addressed around the wheel wells. Funny thing is I don't think the starter is bad, the voltage gauge is only reading 9 volts and when you turn the key there is no attempt, no click, nothing just dim lights and silence. I'm going to try to put it on the charger and jump start it tomorrow and see what happens if not I'll pull the starter and run it to autozone and have it checked out. Still undecided as to what I'm going to do with it sell, keep, mud toy, or invest a bit and turn and burn. but for $200 with a clean title I am not complaining.

Better pics tomorrow after work.

Ok better pictures!!!

Just noticed this but I have this missing "CHEVROLET" emblem... Guess where it came from:grin:

This is the worst of it, needs a fender and a little patchwork on the rear quarter panels below the trim piece but not bad.
(weight reduction bro!:rockout:)

The seats are mint as far as upholstery goes but the passenger seat frame is broken where the tilt bracket connects to the seat bottom and the sliding tracks will not lock in to place so it slides around but I can get a ripped up seat from a junkyard and swap the upholstery and foam over.
(That's a plastic bag of screws on the bottom of the seat not a stain.)

Dash has one small crack from being sun baked but I can't complain for the price.

I also was doing a little automotive archaeology and found a stash of receipts and maintenance records in the center console along with the owner's manual, all paperwork from where it was purchased new, even the salesman's business card! I counted OVER $1200 in receipts in the last 2 years! New water pump, new alternator, new brake drums, brake pads and shoes, new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel pump, exc. It also came with a new fuel filter and door pins to fix the sagging driver's door which was today's project. So the door shuts fine now.

I also tested everything I could without starting it and the heater blower motor works, all lights work, wipers and washer work, windows need put back on track but the regulators work, (held up with zip ties now:D) stock radio works great, and everything else I tested all works. It was raining off and on all day so I didn't get a chance to pull the starter for testing but I'll get to it eventually.

Last edited:
Does it have the 3.8 or 4.3?
And yes, for the price you can't complain. Why can't I get deals like this?

I've seen those kits and IMHO they just don't look good, the S-10 is way too square to mesh with the curved lines of a 40's hot rod. Also the available motors were 2.8, 4.3 and 4.3 vortec. (I've owned a '94 blazer, '85 blazer, '94 bravada, '93 jimmy, a '93 typhoon, and now this '92 blazer) There was no 3.8 that I'm aware of. Mine is the 4.3 non vortec, automatic, push button 4x4, tow package, and has power everything but still analog dash. Oh forgot to mention it has 163K on the odometer.

Does it have the 3.8 or 4.3?
And yes, for the price you can't complain. Why can't I get deals like this?

Deals are out there you just have to have cash on hand at the end of the month when everyone else is broke.

The shaggin wagon got out and stretched her legs... today after work I went out to russiville and back, same place I got the rims for my caprice. I was going to pick up a donor seat for $25 to replace the broken seat frame on the passenger seat in the blazer, ended up buying the seat, a bull bar, a roll pan, and a visor for the blazer. All of it for $100 I couldn't pass it up. Just finished rebuilding the seat and found there are slight differences between the '87 donor seat and the '92 original seat but a trip to rural king for some hog rings and a bit of work and it's good as new. Pictures of the goodies tomorrow. Now that it will look cool maybe I'll fix the starter...lol. Buy mods first then fix the starter.

Found the problem with the passenger seat... this is the point at which the side seat hinge is supposed to bolt to the lower seat frame and it is not supposed to be a 2 piece.

Here you see what is left of the donor seat... Wasn't a rip in it but a cow thought the seat looked tasty... lol

Got my original upholstery stretched and hog ringed on the donor seat frame and foam then swapped the old back onto the new bottom.

And back in the blazer it goes... Looks clean too!

Now for some goodies fresh from the wagon's tailgate
Bull bar... great for hitting zombies without causing damage

Visor for keeping the sun out of your eyes while hitting zombies

Roll pan because you don't hit zombies with the rear bumper anyway and weight reduction for better speed for hitting zombies.

That roll pan should create a better drag coefficient, will make a nice air pocket to help keep zombie goo off the back window.

Back