My Wagons Caprice and Olds C.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't resist adding wheel spats and some wood to your ride...

21435837496_22b519ef59_z.jpg

I must be bored or something...

Luke.

Did anyone see the woody wagon Rutledge Wood did on an episode of lost in transmission?
Had more of a grey weathered feel to it.

Wood grain or not it's still an LS powered wagon and it's awesome.

Wait, is this one LS powered? Either way still awesome.

I got it plated today and it is running sweet. My nephew went out last night and fried the clutch in the ford ranger so I got to test out the wagon with a load. Pulled the ranger lifted on 31's with a low tire like it wasn't there. Took it slow and put it down in 1. Temp gauge never climbed above 1/4 of the way. Even pulling the ranger and having 400 +lbs of tools and junk in the back.

I really feel sorry for him, he just lost his Sebring by driving without insurance and impound fees were more than the car was worth, then after I helped him out and gave him the truck he went out and not knowing how to drive a manual fries the clutch, I don't think it was so much him as it was reving like crazy because the throttle cable was binding up. On a clutch that's the same as trying to grab a belt sander while it's running. Now he's trying to sell it so he can get something else. He's trying so hard but he's a victim of his own stubborn and impatient ways otherwise known as youth. I feel bad because I'm working a lot and our schedules conflict and I wasn't there to teach him.

I understand you on that one,I wasn't able to teach my daughter to drive a 5 speed when she got her license a few years back. She's does pretty well though.

The part I like was that your wagon was able to tow the truck with no issues.

Yeah, the wagon is a great car. I still can't believe what a great deal I got on it. Rebuilt engine, rebuilt transmission, new catalytic converter, and working air conditioning all for $700 bucks! I did an oil change and filter on it yesterday and a new battery so she's on the way. Next check I'm going to see about some rims and tires. (They hold air and have good tread but are dryrotted) Thinking of black rims and chrome caps and beauty rings on a big white wagon just feels right

Well another payday has come and gone and I am one step closer to Rat Rod style infusing my wagon. I went and picked up my rims from a very cool guy on Facebook. He even pulled the tires off the rims for me which will make painting them easier. Thinking black rims with the chrome center caps and beauty rings will look awesome! Also while I was at his place I bought a window switch and glove box latch so I can cross that off my list too. Then I was at the flea market and I found some rims that match the ones I got (only 2) but for $10 I couldn't pass up having a few spares. I got them and turns out they are not quite the same... The 2 I got from the flea market are 8 inch wide and deeper dish vs the 7 inch wide rims I got from Facebook guy. Really hoping they fit without rubbing the wheel well in the back so I can do staggered 7's in front and 8's in rear. :D

Painting them like this:

Also found the steering wheel I'm going to get for it.
Mmmm... Mahogany :dance2:

Thinking of getting this next check as a side project
(Bike storage for winter:grin:)

Last edited:
Wagon gonna look good.Dig the steering wheel,good luck with wheel fitment.

I put my van in the garage for storage,then had to use the van for bike storage. One day I'll restore the van to use as a bike hauler rather than bike storage.

Take care of that wagon.. it will treat you right...Good friend in the pilot car biz had one...he got about the same MPG as I did in a older 4 cyl Toyota Tacoma. (He and I filled up at teh same pumps on long trips and he always used less gas than I did.. and it went like stink..
The L83 package with the 350 is one that GM just got everything right on and you get both power and fuel mileage. Just not at the same time, of course.

And you can fit Jimmy Hoffa's whole family in the back!

Yeah I have been learning to keep my foot out of it. I kinda baby it. So far it runs great and really have not needed to give it more than half throttle to take off like a bandit. Surprised the heck out of a Honda civic on the highway, he revved at a stop light like he had something and the wagon didn't let him pass till I reached the speed limit and he was speeding. If he only knew I was only using half throttle... lol. No replacement for displacement.

Just a sneak peek of things to come. Put my beauty rings on my factory rims just to get a feel for the new look.

Got the rims painted, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow was too dark out by the time I got off work.

Did a bit of work on the wagon today, thought she looked a bit too bling in the front so I blacked out part of the grille. Looks great.

Back