My Scratch Built Stable

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark and Dan Jose . They are fun to build ,but hard to store. Figure out if these were yours where would put all of them. These are just my ones I built the frames....I have others. Could have filled the sidewalk and most of the yard . :lol:

Cool line up but Uncle Scratch just doesnt have the same ring to it

the orange bike is still my favorite out of the bunch :mrgreen:

I said something to my wife about being Uncle Scratch and she made a funny face and said that sounds nasty. :lol: The orange one is my favorite of these last ones too. Its my design and nobody's anything influenced it. I like the little shifter and the seven speed is nice. :wink: It rides so much better since I put a chain on.

forkchange002.jpg

My fave tends to be the last one: awesome double tubed frame, stunning red paint, cool matching combo with the creme tires and tan seat/grips - but it must be pretty heavy to ride without gears ? My guess is it could do with a Nexus 7 speed :mrgreen:

stable011.jpg

Picture time again :!:

Ok Maddog your getting strange on me. I'm having enough problems building them with steel.
Hey Ace its got a 3 speed Nexus. I just got the grips done today. I still needs the shifter shortened and figure out what tube to stick the shifter on and put that little thing on to hold the brake arm. It will be finished maybe tomorrow and I'll try to do a photo shoot if its not raining.
Randy do you think I will need a bunch of them huh? Maybe Steve will use his design talents and design me some.Then try to get them made cheap

I have to learn how to weld soon, I want to do be able to do this too :mrgreen: you do make it look easy, but we all know it takes a bit of craftsmanship to make them turn out like yours Paul. All credit to the builder. Thanks for your imagination, inspiration, and entertainment 8)

What a beautiful collection.....even better you built them all. Ever give any thought to a stretched tank bike?

Simple Man I built this frame once when I first started. It was built on the lines of a stretched roadmaster and I did a tank. The only tank one I have built

rocket3.jpg

WOW.....thats very cool! Wouldn't mind having a tank and frame like that.

Thanks Shaggy ....they looked cool all sitting together. Been a while since I stuck a bunch out for a group shot. :wink:

stable015.jpg

Oh i thought maybe you where going to build an environment friendly bike :oops: not just paint it green. My bad :lol:. You got a thumbs up from my wifey on the orange one, just thought i would put that out there.

I have a big bunch planted in the back yard....dont think I could build anything out of it. Tell your wife its probably my favorite too. :wink:

Simple Man I built this frame once when I first started. It was built on the lines of a stretched roadmaster and I did a tank. The only tank one I have built

rocket3.jpg

Super cool to discover this old thread @Uncle Stretch !!! I don't ever remember seeing the tanked roadmaster stretch before. Do you remember who you sold that one to? I don't think the Uncle Hoarder @ind-chuckz has that one :D :D :D

Back