My Genesis Onyx mod so far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo-vi.jpg
[/URL]

Really pretty basic stuff.... Removed the gazzilion stickers, added an aluminum bullet light on the rear and a nerve retro led light on the front.... Since this photo was taken I also replaced the stock seat with a cloud9 cruiser seat.... Much better, the stock seat lacked springs. Anyway still considering other stuff to do but I am pretty happy ;)

Btw ... I am also looking at a close rear rack on amazon that is supposedly for 700c bikes.... It black aluminum too do it might look nice

Thank you Ronark.... It really is nice.... I seriously love the design and size ... Got lucky and found a store that had 5 and so I was able to pick the best example

also of note....when I initially ordered the bullet light I wad planning on bobbing the rear fender but decided I might like a rack back there...also I want you to know that the bullet light can be attached with no mods, I took out the fender support screw and then used the supplied screw and went from the inside out....then just twisted the bullet on to the screw til I got a tight fit. Should work great bobbed too in that same position. the bullet is a solid piece of aluminum which was hallowed out just enought to fit that led light in....it is constant or flashing.

Does anybody make faux tanks here? I have thought of making one for my genesis onyx but it is beyond me unless I made it out of sculpty or something... Just wondering if anyone did and cost of something like that

Good looking bike. I bought a black La Jolla with the orange rims and really like it but after seeing the Onyx I think I made the wrong decision. I was thinking of returning the La Jolla and getting the Onyx, or better yet buy the Onyx and keep both.

How did you remove the stickers? Someone in an earlier thread said they were clear coated.

I built one but since sold it. The stickers were clear coated but the clear was very thin, so I was able to get under the decals with a fingernail, after that I compounded the area where the stickers were and buffed them out, couldnt tell they they were there. They are neat bikes, had a good time with it!

Sorry so late revisiting this.... I went through two bikes because the first seemed to be a return and had some wear.....the stickers on the first were clear coated but on the second they were not and just pealed off easily.... Also weird on the second bike was onyx was respelled onex....anyway I have not modified further other than some small metal die cast NASA and sts129 tie clip type tags I placed on the front back rear and sides... Just my way of personalizeng it a little. Great bike so far... I would bob the tail but it would require some bending as well as cutting and do I was hesitant with out a spare in case I messed it up

Btw I still like the faux tank idea if I came across something that would work... But the bike is beautiful without I guess because the bar is so thick

Mercury7 said:
I went out and took a few more accessory pics in case anyone is interested, I think all of them were ordered on amazon, the nerve light was 34 and so was the bullet light....I think the seat was 25....all of these are pretty good quality in my opinion. Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki

I know this is an oldish post and I don't mean to necro it but would anyone know where to buy that particular seat? I am having a hard time finding one with black springs, they all seem to be chromed and I am no fan of chrome.

I like what you've done to it , looks Great ! I may have to take mine off Craigslist and redo mine :idea:

I have one of these myself. I like the bobbed rear fender look but lacked the skills and time to actually chop mine up. So i swapped the front fender to the rear.Not the best picture but you can see the rear fender idea.
onyxandredline.jpg

Latest posts

Back