My firstest....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Job on the Saddle! I have a ton of saddles that could use a nice makeover like that. I'm also glad to see you found a CWC rear carrier to replace the Columbia - it not only solidifies the rear fender by bolting the two together with the fender/carrier bracket it also has the curved brackets that match the fenders - great look! I'm very envious of your tank - I haven't been able to get ahold of a tank to fit the bent tank style frame. I love the way you did the graphics on the tank and frame so they flow together - a lot of the CWC graphics on bikes with tanks don't flow together as well. I also like the graphics on your fender tips - very flowing. That's my biggest comment about the entire build is that it flows together. This bike also commands respect in that the straight down tube announces itself as a "1930s Tanker"!!! Well done! Robert

Road Master said:
Great Job on the Saddle! I have a ton of saddles that could use a nice makeover like that.
As long as its a two piece pan (top and bottom) I can do em all day long and have em turn out decent... Colors are fairly easy too if wanted. Let me know if I can help you out with some.

Road Master said:
I'm also glad to see you found a CWC rear carrier to replace the Columbia - it not only solidifies the rear fender by bolting the two together with the fender/carrier bracket it also has the curved brackets that match the fenders - great look!
I liked the look a lot more than with no rack... now to find a rear reflector, all I have currently is a gaping hole... lol

Road Master said:
I'm very envious of your tank - I haven't been able to get ahold of a tank to fit the bent tank style frame. I love the way you did the graphics on the tank and frame so they flow together - a lot of the CWC graphics on bikes with tanks don't flow together as well. I also like the graphics on your fender tips - very flowing. That's my biggest comment about the entire build is that it flows together. This bike also commands respect in that the straight down tube announces itself as a "1930s Tanker"!!! Well done! Robert
Thanks much Robert, I wound up getting lucky on the tank ($90 shipped from ebay)... apparently it helps a LOT when the seller doesn't know what they have as I've seen only two other tanks for bent tank frames come up and they both sold for almost double that. And as I stated before I wound up having to change the graphics a little after I got the tank, flow is important to me. Very nice of you to notice the pattern going from frame to tank and back.I know this picture isn't the greatest. I'll post more this weekend.

Latest posts

Back