My first Rat!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pics

Got my new seat and handlebars on! I love the way it looks now. I was about to call this one done (?) but the more I look at it the more I think it would look awesome with a black sparkle banana seat and sissy bar to match the grips. I can use this seat on another bike, I dunno. Had to ditch the headlight, made the front end too cluttered.

newer006-1.jpg

newer008.jpg

newer005-1.jpg

I picked up one of those today!

What size springer did you get for it?

Also what Next did to make the paint like that was to put a swirl pattern with a orbital sander then laid some candy down over it. I am going to paint mine metal flake orange or green and some matte black.

The springer is a 26" one. - Check out my new post "My New Pics - I've been busy" . I put a banana seat on this one, and it looks awesome. Way fun to ride too, because you sit way back on the seat and can pedal easier with the seat down lower. I'm using that diamond top seat on my Corvette for now till I can afford a Brooks saddle ($$$!!!) or find an old school looking seat that looks right on it.

Looks great!

If I was you I would probably slam (lower all the way) the seat and mabye get some larger fenders that would wrap around the wheels more. And those fenders would be scrapin the street! 8) :shock: :D

I hear ya, although I ride the crap outta all my bikes and it wouldn't be too practical for me to ride this one with the seat slammed down. As it is, my knees come up pretty far when riding it with the new banana seat. Would look cool though. I got full fenders on my other bikes, kinda like the shortys on this one.

Back