My 1955 Schwinn Meteor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got this Bike on Wednesday from "CMAN" I didn't have any plans on painting it, but I have wanted a blue bike for a while! The black paint was in ok shape but the chaingaurd needed work so that was the deciding factor. I had most of the parts laying around from other builds and wanted to build a cool cruiser for me to ride!

Here is what I found out, it is a 19955 Schwinn Meteor, Originally 2 tone blue!

Enjoy!

I will post more pictures of my other bikes soon too! Including my board tracker Phantom I mentioned in my intro!

and I am adding fenders just looking for some nice ones!

6o0tqo.jpg

1zv7fkp.jpg

a5ay2o.jpg

35jk0vt.jpg

Thanks and will post more pictures soon!

According to the pricelists, the Meteor was only made in 53 and maybe 52. Are you sure it's a 55?

Wildcat said:
According to the pricelists, the Meteor was only made in 53 and maybe 52. Are you sure it's a 55?

The Numbers are for a 1955, and when I stripped the frame and chaingaurd I found that the frame was two tone blue with the Meteor Paint Scheme, and the chain gaurd read "Meteor" on it when I got to the final coat of paint!

My good friend in town has been a Schwinn Restorer for years and his book said they made them 52-55. Some were straight frames and some were cantilever!

So Im guessing it is!

Back