Mutley (Done!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mutley (Umm, Purplelicious!)

I love the stickshift even if it isn't functional. The color is great and I also like the fack back and skinny front tires.
I have two old stickshifts (3 and 5 speed) that I want to use on a 3spd hub and a Spitfire II 5 speed with drum brake.

Re: Mutley

JoKeR63 said:
Score!

My new buddy Cotton (the guy with the Shelby) stopped by this morning, He had access to some NOS Sandusky bikes plates and sold me 2 for $10 each, not too shabby. :wink:

plates002.jpg

Now I just have to design a bracket. :|
are those tin seals , ha

kingfish254 said:
I love the stickshift even if it isn't functional. The color is great and I also like the fack back and skinny front tires.
I have two old stickshifts (3 and 5 speed) that I want to use on a 3spd hub and a Spitfire II 5 speed with drum brake.
Um, it's quite functional. :roll:

shift01.jpg

Well thanks everybody for diggin' me off the third page! For a second I thought I was on the fourth! :cry: Sadly this is about as far as I can go. The lights and tank plate are on infinite hold. Runnin' out of time, been without a bedroom for months, and I just want to ride right now. But I'm adding just a few extra touchs that I have time for;

final01.jpg

Bet you can guess where I'm goin' with this;

final02.jpg

I'm not quiting, I'm just lowering my expectations. :)

I still have some painting to do on the chainguard, that '57 chevy reference gave me an idea.

Glad to see that it is a functional stickshift. I am so used to seeing the cables on the right side of the hub.
She's a B-UTE.

Congrats, you made it to a 4th page!

kingfish254 said:
Glad to see that it is a functional stickshift. I am so used to seeing the cables on the right side of the hub.
She's a B-UTE.
Well that's what I get for following the bike photographers creed, "Always photo from the right hand side of the bike". :)
I'll be sure to put at least one pic of hub input in the final pics, it looks much better now!

Ok, the frame seat didn't work out. So I tried my Czech seat,

final03c.jpg

Still not what I'm lookin' for.

But I'm definetly feelin' this!

final03b.jpg

final03d.jpg

final03a.jpg

The ol' Wind Dancer bars are a good fit and match the seat, then I added some piping to match the seats white trim.

The track racer look was cool, but I like the adult size muscle bike look you have now. Amazing how much difference seats and bars can make.

OK, I'm callin' it. Weather was not cooperating so I just decided to paint the chainguard despite tropical humidity. That duplicolor spray chrome came thru again, what an awesome product. Now for a final polish and some pictures, then it's off to the Finished bike thread!

This kind of reminds me of one of those movies when they pull the bandages off and you don't know what's going to show up?
done01.jpg

A bit of red accenting to match the lic. plate.
done04.jpg

Fender needed to be broke up a little.
done03.jpg

done02.jpg

And for the piece de resistance;

done05.jpg

WHEW!! THAT'S NICE. I'M DIGGING THAT FRONT FENDER. YO ONE OF MY BIKES IS GETTING THAT PURPLE. THANKS MUTLEY!! WAKE UP YA DREAMING AGAIN!! :mrgreen: PEACE

I like the color...and the shifter and the chain guard and the apes well i should say the whole bike is real nice and flows well......we need a FB like button...cause you wld get a like from...

jaysmo said:
I like the color...and the shifter and the chain guard and the apes well i should say the whole bike is real nice and flows well......we need a FB like button...cause you wld get a like from...

How cool would that be? A "Like" button on each post. Years ago when I was a regular at honda-tech.com they had an icon in their "smilies" list that was a little thumbs up and a little thumbs down. They were a lot of fun.

You guys will have a like button soon, Steve will be setting it up in a few days. It's almost like a poll. :wink: :wink: :wink:
But a like button could be a problem for the build off because if someone got a lot of hits early it may discourage others, kinda' like an early voting system.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone.

maybe its the fact i have a love for springer forks, crazy paint, and ape hangers, but this is a bike i would LOVE to ride!!! :mrgreen:

Back