Murray Astro Flite Logo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a good photo or image of the Murray Astro Flite logo? I would like to repaint it onto my chain guard but am having trouble finding a good image to create a template from. After hours of searching, this is the best I can find but is still too grainy to trace. (Bottom right image)
1963Murraypg2.jpg

Thanks!! :D

SPUD said:
Does anyone have a good photo or image of the Murray Astro Flite logo? I would like to repaint it onto my chain guard but am having trouble finding a good image to create a template from.
Murray also made a Hiawatha branded Astro Flite with identical chainguard script. I have a friend who has one I've given a look for paint restoration. As I recall, their script has some lossage around the "st," but overall intact enough to fill out with little guesswork. Hey, if you're missing everything but the "st," this could work out well for us both. :wink:

I expect to catch up with them in the next week. I'll post you a picture.

That looks great Dr. T, but I am actually looking for the Astro Flite script logo that goes on the chainguard. Thanks though!!

Do you anyone who silkscreens? If you took them the image, they can create a screen and probably silk screen it onto the chainguard. I think that's how a lot of them were originally done (but I could be wrong).

Nice!! That should help. Thanks sernylan. I will probably use that font as a start. Thanks guys!

And as for the silk printing, I have a vinyl plotter that I am either going to make a sticker with or a paint mask depending on how I want to finish it up. :D

If you have a plotter, could you do a paint mask for me? I have the vector art file saved. Just let me know how much you'd charge if you would do it. Thanks!

Back