MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take your time and get it how you want it....then take some more time to decide if we can make a deal,cuz I want one.

I usually hold my cards to my chest,but I've already said I'm voting for this one and I meant it. Just something about this thing I like.
Thank bud, thats too kind:thumbsup: Ive been photoshoping different paint schemes for a week now and I cant decide for the life of me what to do:39:. But I guess I have to start the tins first. And that's an interesting offer thanks, I guess send me a pm if you're serious:grin:

Dude! You just did!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-S7710 met Tapatalk
:thumbsup: Bedankt

Thank bud, thats too kind:thumbsup: Ive been photoshoping different paint schemes for a week now and I cant decide for the life of me what to do:39:. But I guess I have to start the tins first. And that's an interesting offer thanks, I guess send me a pm if you're serious:grin:

:thumbsup: Bedankt
I seriously do want it, unfortunately I'm in no position to buy it. So I'll just admire it from afar.

Coming up with a paint scheme has to be mighty tricky,only thing I can think is search for images of cafe motorcycles for inspiration. Never know what you might find.

Been swamped at work the last few weeks and now im actually starting to get worried about finishing in timeo_O, but finally I got some work done and a bit of progress on the bike.
But first, I bought a 5 dollar broken mongoose bmx at a yardsale just for this awesome sprocket! Ive never seen one of these before and I love the race look of the drilled "rotor".

I missed a few pics from making the seat support because I wasn't sure it would work out, but it seems to work fine. Its another piece of the cruiser bars welded to some 1/4 inch plate.

I think it should be strong enough if I do some good welds. I only weigh about 150 and I probably wont ride this bike very hard...:39:

Then I got a little side tracked because I really didn't like the look of the center kickstand I was planning on using, so I decided to make another jack stand.

Thankfully I have a lot of tubing left over from collecting for this build off, and now I also have the cool cantilevers I cut off the frame.

Instead of using the little idlers from the engine kits as wheels like I did last year, I think ill go to a skate shop tomorrow and get a pair of really cool looking skateboard wheels. Unfortunately I need the wheels before I can weld any of the jack stand, and I also still need to buy my sheet metal, so that's it for today.
Thanks for looking!

Cool idea on the seat mount.
I like the Jack stand over a kickstand, it's fitting for the styling.

Cool idea on the seat mount.
I like the Jack stand over a kickstand, it's fitting for the styling.
Thanks! I figured a kickstand would ruin the sleek lines in goin for...
Great looking welds. I'm envious!
Thanks bud! Just practice on anything and everything... I only started welding about two years ago...
I'm envious too... and sad :(... and embarrassed :blush:.

My welds don't look like that :20:

Glen.
Thanks! Just my best attempt at making mig look like tig, because I can't tig for the life of me...
That jack stand rocks!!
Thanks! Probably gonna add some trellis arms to match the swingarm.
You continue to just KILL this build brother! Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks man! I just hope I can finish in time...

I finally got around to finishing the jack stand today and im really happy with how it turned out.
I figured the best way to mount the skate wheels was to just weld some bolts to the tubes...

Worked like a charm...

Then I realized I had to change the angle of the handle so that it wouldn't rest on the tip. So I cut the tacks, welded it back up and did some quick smoothing.

Next I chose my angle for the cantilevers and coped them for a flush fit.

Layed down some of my best welds yet:grin:

Then I started work on the trellis.

Et Voila!

It works perfectly and I cant believe how sturdy it is. But now I have to get serious and seriously start making the tins:rolleyes:

That's it for today. Thanks for looking!

That Jack stand turned out great,just don't stab yourself.
Thanks! Haha:eek:

When I first saw your build I was like, "yeah, na" but how wrong I was! Looks great...i'm not a petty man but am feeling a little threatened by the competition

Thanks:grin: I purposely kept my early posts vague... haha I might rename my bike MotoDromo Special II Alpha Racer, gotta mark my territiroy:comando:

Great work on that Jackstand!

Luke.
Thanks Luke!:thumbsup:

And that's why I want one
:grin:

The overflow tube is a nice touch. :cool2: I love the small details.
MotoDromo%20Special%20II-146.jpg

Latest posts

Back