Monark Rocket Project - Mades Some Changes - See Page 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Monark Rocket Project - Mades Some Changes - See End.

It was raining out this morning, but here are a little bit better pics.

2636013847_2cce7a7b1e_b.jpg

2636842426_ae7e4e86e8_b.jpg

2636015333_b188a96afd_b.jpg

2636843314_4489d65131_b.jpg

Looking good! I bet that big hairpin saddle you have would look really good on this.

oh yeah, much better lookin now. like it, you can ship it to me.

Outlaw :lol:

Totally changed the look! NICE!

My father-in0law was cleaning out his barn yesterday and came across an old reflector from the 70's

i installed it down by the rear axle

2642144959_ef0a111692_o.jpg

Just found this post - Beautiful!
Coincedentally this is almost exactly what I'm shooting for, based on an old Schwinn frame - but I like yours better.
(I've even scored a set of the same bars.)
The fork I have is 1-1/8" though so needs surgery to become 1" threaded, or needs to go on EBay & get traded for one that >is< 1" threaded, haven't decided yet...
But your bike looks great. Kudos!

The fork I have now is from a Schwinn OCC Chopper and is 1-1/8" threadless. I'm contemplating slicing the 1-1/8" steerer tube off it and welding in a 1" threaded steerer tube from another fork, so it'll work in the vintage Schwinn frame. (Unless I decide to just flea-bay the current fork, and use the proceeds toward a chopper fork with a 1" threaded steerer, like from choppersus.com ... )

Cubewano said:
The fork I have now is from a Schwinn OCC Chopper and is 1-1/8" threadless. I'm contemplating slicing the 1-1/8" steerer tube off it and welding in a 1" threaded steerer tube from another fork, so it'll work in the vintage Schwinn frame. (Unless I decide to just flea-bay the current fork, and use the proceeds toward a chopper fork with a 1" threaded steerer, like from choppersus.com ... )

Got it. I've got one of those occ forks too. It seems like it might be even bigger than that, but I haven't measured it.

My little neighbor got a new bike for his birthday and he brought me his old mini OCC chopper today. He told me i could have it and use it for parts to make something cool. It was very nice of him.. He rode it hard, but there are a few parts that should be good. Like the front fork. It is a 1" fork, but the only problem is that the headtube on that bike is only 4 3/4". most of the older schwinns are around 5 1/4" It looks like it will fit up to a 26" tire too.

Back