Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mustgo

kingfish254 said:
That seat turned out sharp!!
Road Master said:
Class A job on the saddle!
ruddigger said:
This is my favorite build by far.

Thanks guys for the thumbs up, I really appreciate the encouragement.

fordsnake said:
N8NBOX said:
WOW! Super nice! Really makes me want to buy an anvil

Yeah, that's my buddy's anvil and having one around is really sweet!

My dad has an anvil and it makes me jealous when he quickly smooths something out on it, I have to drive an hour to use it.

Looking great, I like the seat in the fully raised position, please get a photo of you riding it way up in the air like that.

yoothgeye said:
fordsnake said:
N8NBOX said:
WOW! Super nice! Really makes me want to buy an anvil

Yeah, that's my buddy's anvil and having one around is really sweet!

My dad has an anvil and it makes me jealous when he quickly smooths something out on it, I have to drive an hour to use it.

Looking great, I like the seat in the fully raised position, please get a photo of you riding it way up in the air like that.

Fortunately, my buddy is only minutes away...and he has all the tools I would ever need. I wanted to try my hand at his English wheel, but he suggested that as a "novice" I would have better results using the anvil to shape the metal.

The seat was inspired by the "hyrdraulic low rider" cars. Ever notice when the car is parked (it has that real nasty stance) it looks like it's inches off the ground and when it's time to roll, the car lifts to avoid speed bumps...I love it!

Lookin' good,Man 8) 8) Best looking upholstery job I've seen in a long time.That's how it's done :!:

So today I tackled painting the frame and the tank...
d9361a18.jpg

First, the primer
f5c4a94c.jpg

I really wanted to create a faux patina. It took me a couple of hours to lay the colors down the way I wanted using three rattle can colors.
6f2dcd67.jpg

I haven't done my tank graphics yet, but here's the look I'm going for...kind of a tribal tattoo...any thoughts?
c4edb9a8.jpg

fordsnake said:
Circa Cycles said:
Lookin' good,Man 8) 8) Best looking upholstery job I've seen in a long time.That's how it's done :!:

Thanks, my fingers are still sore from stretching that hyde! :D

They'll only hurt 'til the pain goes away :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I LOVE IT!!!! That tribal tattoo would look awesome. I hope you pull it off!!!

kingfish254 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I LOVE IT!!!! That tribal tattoo would look awesome. I hope you pull it off!!!

Yeah and if I do I'm going to change the name of the build to "Mofo". I like that name better, its' more urban and yet still tribal! :D

karfer67 said:
incredible build im watching
Thanks! I'll have to check out your BC, any rides coming up? I'm a neighbor, I'm in Marin.

Fisch said:
First time covering a seat? Wow, amazing job getting just the right contours. This build is a stunner. And glimpsing into your parts warehouse, I am already excited to see what you bring next year too!
Thanks for the acknowledgement...I'm a retired creative director with 41 years of working in the advertising industry, I picked up a few tricks along the way :wink: I just checked out your portfolio...your work is jaw dropping amazing!

Critter1 said:
fordsnake said:
Well its official between me, myself and I...I'm going to change my build name to "Mofo"!
Edit your very first post of this build & change the title there. Mofo sounds better than Mustgo anyway.. good change.

THANKS!

Latest posts

Back