Missed a deal, want to break stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Glad you were able to pick this one up.

Love the beach photo...looks like a great place to ride!

You're not as glad as I am! :mrgreen: Yeah, I'm lucky because I live near the sea and the river, and there's also a large park just next to me. Endless cruising opportunities.

Today I hit all the little bike shops downtown and found a replacement fork and some fenders for the right amount of money: cheap! I was wondering how well would the straight fork look on the frame with all those curved tubes, but I think it looks great. Very "edgy".

I'm this far ---->| |<----- from stealing the coaster brake wheel on my chopper (the only one on the Iberian Peninsula) to put it on this bike and get rid of those ugly brakes.

dsc01553ga3.jpg

Hugo

Just found out that there's a national bicycle brand that's making cruisers, saw one of these today for 125 euros. It's the same as mine. Guess I need a new signature...
XPQC1DD5C846DF7273C88ZKU.jpg

Hugo
(still no white walls around or coaster brakes around)

Really cool story! I can relate to your excitement, in the east of Holland nice bikes are also hard to find! This one just had your name on it!
I think cruisers are supposed to look like this in Europe, yours looks a lot like my first cruiser 15 years ago, and the red cruiser I just chopped to make a lowrider...
745786993_9824b6931a.jpg

462037472_5eafa9a4c9.jpg

Maybe it's the same as yours, about 80% of bicycles made in Portugal are exported to Holand and Belgium, and other places.

The thing is, this tipe of frame is incredibly rare here. All we have is the tradicional diamond frame. I don't think they are common in the rest of Europe, as you say. Also, no white walls, coaster brakes or wide handlebars! But I repeat myself... :)

Hugo

Back