(MBBO04C1) '67 HUFFY "The Musclepunk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't buy this wheel anywhere...:)
:113: And I love that some people will not even notice, but others will spend days on the net trying to find where you got it! :21:

Bike is looking good, love the way it is sitting with the 24" fork, sits really nice! Looking good!

Luke.

Btw, your bike looks great! Love the polishing technique and the great results. Nice clean build, looks fast and tough. Hot rod muscle bike. Not sure what I would add to it....

I've got plans for sissy suspension, seat recover, front brake with Pott's mod and just general Imelda/Kingfish-ism.:21:..(trying this and that out). Or how about some Musclepunk history...see below.

Stupendous! I don't think you have built a bike yet that I would not want to own. I want to ride all of them. You and Rob should load up a truck and come to Kansas for one of our bike shows.

Thank you! Been a while since him and I took a long road trip. We've been on a few together.

Look out , General:
Musclepunk , in Capitol City.

Super Nice Bike :cool2:

This bike will walk all over the Midget Stingray but man he can fly on that General Lee. I could probably get around him down a hill but he wouldn't make it easy. This thing has some serious legs in 3rd gear.

:113: And I love that some people will not even notice, but others will spend days on the net trying to find where you got it! :21:

I spent days trying to find the black one! I wanted one of those Aero bmx rims with the tall profile to go with that back rim. Not easy to find without eyelets on it. Glad it ended up being 28h now.

Bike is looking good, love the way it is sitting with the 24" fork, sits really nice! Looking good!

Luke.

Thanks Luke. This stance was what made me go ahead with this build. One day I tried my Fastback front wheel with the seat and sissy that were on this bike when I picked it up for Rob.

4_zps7ohzhcf0.jpg~original

The seat. This is the whole reason this 1967 Huffy came to be in my possession. Hopefully I'm not breaking protocol by posting this but it seems relevant enough.

Holy grail tiger stripped Troxel seat. Probably put on the bike when it was new or very close to new. It's mint and a very cool artifact. It's in good hands now.

trox_zpsusnffxca.jpg~original

The bars that were on the Huffy are on my Scrambler now. I put them on there when I painted it. They are early muscle bike/Stingray bars.

I got the idea for the current bars from this bike. "The Murphy" a JC Penny Murray deal. This is the first bike I got the call to go get..:shake:...:D

murph_zpsfodp1uqr.jpg~original

Tried them out and liked the way they looked so took the fenders off and tried it with the seat and Fastback rim.

before_zpsvg9pxbyg.jpg~original

mp6_zps9cjvrdsf.jpg~original

I'm real impressed with these Power Block tires. Nice and light and they roll awesome. Smooth ride too.

Last edited:
Found a rear fender online that looked like it might work on this bike. I had to trim it down a bit to mount it like a Huffy fender.

fender_zpsuckr6ept.jpg~original

Then I cut the original license plate out of the original fender and stucck it on there to cover the stay holes in the new fender.

fender1_zpsy6f6emck.jpg~original

I've been wanting to try this Pott's mod monkey business since I saw it in TRM's Columbia Commuter thread.

Fork bridge was one of my "Government projects" using the mill at work.

brake_zpskoc7sie0.jpg~original

Fits pretty well. Had to pound it in place. Nice tight friction fit for now. I may try to ad something to hold it when I take it back apart to paint. I'm going to paint the bridge and inside the chrome crown with some Chrysler Schwinn red.

brake2_zps08o1caja.jpg~original

Had to get some good lined cable and I used a 135 degree brake noodle to help make the turn.

brake3_zpspxgnrf1n.jpg~original

Makes her look kind of shagadellic.

This bike is already becoming quite the looker. The big seat and tall sissy, the chrome forks with the dropped front brake, great color!

I'm Really Looking forward to see what's next.

[emoji106] [emoji106]

Building... riding...

Thank you guys so much.

Wasn't sure where this bike would lead me. Looks like it's going to be just weird enough..:p

Been kind of cold and crappy here the past few days. I did get a chance to play with this mylar tape I bought.

Tried a Person's seat on here and there was a noticeable loss of swoopy-ness. I think I'm going to keep the long seat. It's kind of part of the look now but I thought this mylar tape might dress it up just a bit. I like the black with the mylar. Kind of ties in with the shifter.

mylar_zpsnkrr3jzi.jpg~original

Got a set of these Thompsons red glitter coke bottle grips. Color looks good. If I keep them I'll probably trim the ends and then flip them around and use some chrome end caps.

That fork piece is awesome!!!! Functional and stylish!!!

Bike loos great nice chrome ( shiny ) & the black & silver banana looks the best on there in it to me . Also the skinny front tire fits the build ! Nice work [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first musclebike in this build off that makes me want to ride it. Everybody else in Class 1 needs to take some lessons.
Dave, that's probably not the kind of comment that will win friends in this build off; especially from one who is not participating in the build off....

I haven't had internet at the house for a while so I haven't been able to watch the other builds. You've done some cool and trick work with the points, rims and front end! This bike is way cool!!! Great work, Chad!

Yes! Grips are it! And your mod with the chrome ends should be cool. Digin` it:nod:

Almost did the cut and flip on the grips today. I also spotted a set of waffle grips in the garage I want to try out on there.

Bike loos great nice chrome ( shiny ) & the black & silver banana looks the best on there in it to me . Also the skinny front tire fits the build ! Nice work [emoji95]

THank you Matt. Still up in the air on the seat but I like the black + silver too.

This is the first musclebike in this build off that makes me want to ride it. Everybody else in Class 1 needs to take some lessons.

Thank you! I like to make riders. I was staring at it today and it made me want to ride it until I looked next to it and saw this one and rode it instead.

It reminds me of a Bentley. If Bentley built muscle bikes. It's my best rider but this Huffy is pretty good.

silver5_zpsffnkto9v.jpg~original

Dave, that's probably not the kind of comment that will win friends in this build off; especially from one who is not participating in the build off....

Speak for yourself Oddjob he's made one friend already..:21: + he's probably just trying to push me out of contention for last place..:p

I haven't had internet at the house for a while so I haven't been able to watch the other builds. You've done some cool and trick work with the points, rims and front end! This bike is way cool!!! Great work, Chad!

Thank you so much. Glad you like it.

Nice work! That has really come along!

Thank you CRASH.....Having fun with my first Huffy ever.

Got my 20t cog on there now. Getting ready to re-attach the shifter cable which I shortened. Planning on having the sissy suspension installed tommorow...hopefully.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back