(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well bro if it's shifting then you must have got it...
That brass throttle is cool, at second look you're right don't mod it.
If you're not going to polish the bars, you will at least need to strip them for paint. You may be surprised how good they look bar metal...

Carl.
yeah thats what im hoping for is that they look good when i remove all the paint and give them a good polish

Worked on my fenders a little today . I took the 20" rear fender and cut off the part where it is notched for the chain and gonna use it up front need to get some rivets to put the front fender brace on it and another piece I made for mounting it to the forks now I will have a duck tailed fender up front and also made one for the back took a 26" fender and cut part of it off then I took another rear 20" duck tailed and cut off the duck part and welded it to the 26 and ground it down then put some fiberglass resin on it to help hold and smooth it out need to make fender braces for it to don't have none for a 24 will have to make some from 26 braces Hope I am calling the duck tail by the right name maybe it is dove tail? I also been working on my apes I made a little bit striped the paint off I had sprayed on them and been trying to sand it to shiny metal but a lot of it is pitted bad or something it's takin a lot to get them shiny in places but they are looking alright for now went ahead and cleared what I got done so far

I got my fender struts and brackets made today and mounted the fenders also put a speedometer on it from a exercise . I feel like the bike is needing something I don't have one of the eliminator chain guards I have a solid one from the exercise bike I thought about using and maybe cutting some kind of design in it ? I'm afraid it wouldn't look right with the gears though? Don't know if a guard will feel the void I see or not what y'all think?

Just catching up with the MBBO builds. Cool idea to use chainrings for the dropout extensions. I thought they were saw blades for a moment.

I got my fender struts and brackets made today and mounted the fenders also put a speedometer on it from a exercise . I feel like the bike is needing something I don't have one of the eliminator chain guards I have a solid one from the exercise bike I thought about using and maybe cutting some kind of design in it ? I'm afraid it wouldn't look right with the gears though? Don't know if a guard will feel the void I see or not what y'all think?
pretty clean and lean in the look!! guard might look cool if it shadowed the rear chain rings maybe

Troy

Just got done watching the pawn stars episode that had Murray eliminator in it it was really cool to see that kind of bikes on the dhow but of course they act like they knew all of what they didn't and offered low for them . The pawn stars show title is"playboys and players" if any one wants to look for future showings I did a search on it and did not see anymore episodes up till about 10/13/14 that is as far as the satellite would search.

Just got done watching the pawn stars episode that had Murray eliminator in it it was really cool to see that kind of bikes on the dhow but of course they act like they knew all of what they didn't and offered low for them . The pawn stars show title is"playboys and players" if any one wants to look for future showings I did a search on it and did not see anymore episodes up till about 10/13/14 that is as far as the satellite would search.

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/videos/playboys-and-players#

Nope... IMO doesn't look like it belongs....
You have the skills, find a piece of metal and bend an Eliminator style guard.
The style that is pointed at both ends looks like it could be done.

Carl.

Last edited:
Nope... IMO doesn't look like it belongs....
You have the skills, find a piece of metal and bend an Eliminator style guard.
The style that is pointed at both ends looks like it could be done.

Carl.
Yeah that's what I want been trying to figure that style guard out guess I do need to get a piece and try making one from that been trying to make something similar with the guards I got but it don't work out unless I could find a left side chain guard ?? Don't think I can find one of those
I might order a eliminator guard but hardly anything else is the right thing on the bike so why an original guard ?

Did that sound harsh? I didn't mean it like that. But that frame is the only one with a guard like that. Sometimes it just fits.

Carl. :android:

No not harsh that's what I think just trying something else because I don't have a guard like that I'm looking at a few of them on itbay been looking at a few of them and I wander if there is different sizes of that same guard there are some guards that say RamRod and says the holes are 17-1/2 " apart and that don't match my bike but my bike may not be right? Does anyone know this ?

Well I ended up trading my tall sissy bar and $20 to another bike it's a super deluxe Ross I believe but had a friend give me some front springer forks from an electric scooter and I figured it would make a good springer sissy bar so I took them along with a motorcycle sissy bar and some side bars from an old hospital bed and made my own tall sissy bar turned out alright need to figure out how to mount my seat thinking of using some clamps on the rear so it could be adjusted

A bike in its proper storage habitat!!!! looks cool

Awesome work on the sissy bar!

Latest posts

Back