(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been working on my front end the springer fork was to short for my head tube so I cut up a set of warped forks and welded the springer center tube to the bottom .Here is my springer so what do you think I did not have the spring for it so I used the one from the16" moto x bike besides if I had the original spring it would not have worked without modifying something else does anyone think it is to tall I did not want that slung out low rider look maybe it could be a gasser muscle bike?

Thinking about trying a 16" wheel or find a 18" wheel to make it a little lower

?You mean like compressing too far and kicking back toward head tube it don't compress enough to do that it's almost compressed now the way I got it set it will go taller than what it is now thinking about shortening the the spring mount somehow but believe that would make it kick back I need to make it more horizontal if I do change it ?? But there's plenty of time if I do change it

?You mean like compressing too far and kicking back toward head tube it don't compress enough to do that it's almost compressed now the way I got it set it will go taller than what it is now thinking about shortening the the spring mount somehow but believe that would make it kick back I need to make it more horizontal if I do change it ?? But there's plenty of time if I do change it
Cool, glad you have that sorted!

Luke.

Gonna go by the bike shop Thursday while I am in knoxville hoping to be able to find a suitable 24" tire a fat one the mountain bike tire is making me sick looking at it on this bike and I also believe I have figured out the colors I want to use black and white frame and fenders white and anything that is normally chrome will be black but thinking about making rims white with black spokes and hub what y'all think ?

Black and white can work well if done well.

As far as your rear tire... this is a Muscle Bike build off, and I always like slicks on muscle bikes. Since your're looking for a fat tire, I think a Jerald slick will work perfect. I used a 26" version on my Monster Ray and Jazzy Ray. (links are below)

http://www.jeraldsulky.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=24J

Black and white can work well if done well.

As far as your rear tire... this is a Muscle Bike build off, and I always like slicks on muscle bikes. Since your're looking for a fat tire, I think a Jerald slick will work perfect. I used a 26" version on my Monster Ray and Jazzy Ray. (links are below)

http://www.jeraldsulky.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=24J
Yeah I checked out the Jerald slicks last night i will probably end up going with one of them but what do you think of the hoggy-g slick 24-3.45 mplscoaster went with one on his bike I think they look really well too? Do you know anything good or bad about them?

I did a shock front end on wilfrid the clunker did not have any rebound issues did find out that they make different spring tensions though! I do not remember the shock I used for sure but I remember there were 4 different sizes that I tried (want to say 65lbs but not poss.) with the smallest one I got a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches of travel that was a joy to ride the number is on the spring.

Troy

I think my addiction is getting worse I was at the store up from the house and seen a friend and ask him if he had any old bikes and this is what he had believe he thought I was crazy when I ask him what he wanted for it he told me to take it on if I could use anything there is a few parts that might be usable

I did a shock front end on wilfrid the clunker did not have any rebound issues did find out that they make different spring tensions though! I do not remember the shock I used for sure but I remember there were 4 different sizes that I tried (want to say 65lbs but not poss.) with the smallest one I got a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches of travel that was a joy to ride the number is on the spring.

Troy
My spring says 450lbs it is fairly easy to spring

Okay I have now made my decision on the slick not going with the wide hoggy-g I want to use fenders and they would look goofy if they was not widened just not up to that without some good practice . I don't have the spare fenders to toss if they come out wrong

Went to the bike shop today and asked about a slick and various muscle bike items and it was like I was speaking a foreign language the guy just looked at me with a blank stare and he was a older gentlemen so I figured he knowed what I was talking about but don't know wether he did or not they didn't have no suitable tires but I did spot a tall sissy bar for $15 and got it the guy really did try to help me but they just didn't have much

Found a old can of white paint and sprayed the frame to get a idea of what it will look like hope I don't regret it later when I go to strip it and really paint it thought I would try a 16" up front but don't like it
Also got good news I just placed my order for a Jerald slick!!:113:

My LBS's (I have 2) both really like my bikes, but they are nothing they're familiar with. The mechanics are young, so have no experience with the old stuff. The opposite is also true. While in there buying a cable or housing or something, and discussing old stuff, they show me the new stuff on the $6,000 race bikes and $4,000 Mountain Bikes. It's incredible where the level of technology has gone since I stopped riding mountain bikes in the 90's.
To me, the old stuff is simplistic, yet challenging (rebuilt my first SA internal 3 speed recently). But bikes are bikes, and they're all good.
As far as shopping for actual parts at an LBS... I ask if they have an "old parts bin" I can rummage through. I've gotten a couple good pieces from them that way. Outside of that, RRB "For Sale" and Ebay.

Oh... and I buy entire bikes just to get one part, which leaves me with lots of extras. :banghead:

Back