(MBBO#05 Class 2) J.C. Draggins..... Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see it back as well. I feel less confused now also. I was trying to follow the different directions the bike was going in. Now I understand. So as Rosanne Rosannedan would say "Never Mind"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, and thanks for sticking around through that little bump.

Unfortunately, there isn't likely to be an update til next weekend. Today is probably the last nice day Ohio will have for a few months, so we're gonna go hiking.

Hocking Hills will be awesome today! Always like going there. Cantwell Cliffs is one of my favs and Ash cave.

Glad Luke was able to resurrect your thread but we could have been checking out that other guy's bike while you're out slacking..:21::21:

Hocking Hills will be awesome today! Always like going there. Cantwell Cliffs is one of my favs and Ash cave.

Glad Luke was able to resurrect your thread but we could have been checking out that other guy's bike while you're out slacking..:21::21:
Yea, we're headed that way. Probably take the trip to cedar falls.

It's a nice looking bike for sure, just in the wrong place when I had a tantrum.

Little bit of disaster with the wheel covers.
I was trying to dish them using the same method fordsnake used in build off 9, I didn't have his success.
d3ec81910aa93d9c186311d5b52e76a3.jpg

b000b5e1dd55c6bf46a3ce27c5b33c2b.jpg

I got a really bad crease in the first one I tried.
The good news is the pans didn't cost much, so I'm not upset about that. But the little things keep reminding me I need a break.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Looks like heat is involved with that method? Always tricky controlling heat. You seem to be in tune with yourself, that's a good thing. Knowing when 'enough is enough' is a rare quality. Even more rare, listening to that and acting accordingly.

Bro your building alot at once, dont be so hard on yourself... Both builds are coming out cool, don't forget the real prize is having fun with toys... Try not stress stuff we don't even know about yet. I think those forks some paint and it's a contender... Anything else u pull off is bonus...
Looking at my build listed you'll see how mutch u accomplish...
Oh that's right I have zero in any build thread....
So yeah your doing awsome.
Maybe a break for few days and some new eyes might be the ticket.
I have to put projects away often just so I can back off one tiny detail that I get hyper focused on and then frustration spikes and I'll find that my whole rythem is dusted. And always new eyes you'll see what had u frustrated and get that bingo bulb of the solution you could not see while wrestling.

I really enjoy our posts and threads. I think ur a fun forum member to interact with..
I wouldn't post and joke around with you if I didn't appreciate them.
Breathe dude.

Thanks guys, I think my biggest issue is mostly that I've been working two jobs the past couple weeks. 17-18 hour work days are killing me.

I have a few projects that are on the back, they'll get done when they get done. This build is one that's actually for me, so it'll get it done.

Looks like heat is involved with that method? Always tricky controlling heat. You seem to be in tune with yourself, that's a good thing. Knowing when 'enough is enough' is a rare quality. Even more rare, listening to that and acting accordingly.
Yea, there's heat involved. I think the pan cools off to much from oven to porch, my wife told me to just do it in the kitchen..... yea, she's a keeper.

Also just for S&K's I put on this fender I got from @kingfish254
f7b857d5bc330e7600ab4552d1248769.jpg

It's not terrible, but I'll stick with the moons idea. I should have them Monday.

Hey! That rear fender is from my bike (Get Smart)!

I was wondering how the disc project would go. F Snake didn't really explain his method very much if I remember right. Hopefully you will figure it out and have better luck with the next one.

I tried read it and grasp but have not understood how it could move mutch with out buckling. It's already stamped in that direction he's a great fabricator for sure.

Edit* by the way Falstaff, so where are u planing locate the thrusters slash drag break in this bike?

Hey! That rear fender is from my bike (Get Smart)!

I was wondering how the disc project would go. F Snake didn't really explain his method very much if I remember right. Hopefully you will figure it out and have better luck with the next one.
The fender is from your bike, when KF posted that bike I had to have the fenders and handlebars...which are on my apocalypse bike.

I don't think Fordsnake ended up with much dish either, from memory he had fairly wide rims which wouldn't need much...

Luke.
Yea, and as TRM pointed out ford didn't show detailed instructions. Also, someone on his thread said the heat was irrelevant. Apparently aluminum anneals at a higher temp than 500°. I'll figure something out.

I tried read it and grasp but have not understood how it could move mutch with out buckling. It's already stamped in that direction he's a great fabricator for sure.

Edit* by the way Falstaff, so where are u planing locate the thrusters slash drag break in this bike?
I think I'll mount a handle to the seat tube, then run a connecting rod to the brake arm. It'll be purely aesthetic, but will make a cool illusion I think.
No thrusters tho.

Yea, and as TRM pointed out ford didn't show detailed instructions. Also, someone on his thread said the heat was irrelevant. Apparently aluminum anneals at a higher temp than 500°. I'll figure something out.
This is accurate and alum u anneal by getting to tem and letting it cool slowly is how it's prepped for working.. it work hardens, it's not worked like a blacksmith dose steel if you manage to get it to temp and were working it with a hammer you would essentially be forging it.
This is why annealed sheet is available to purchase...

Little bit of disaster with the wheel covers.
I was trying to dish them using the same method fordsnake used in build off 9, I didn't have his success.
d3ec81910aa93d9c186311d5b52e76a3.jpg

b000b5e1dd55c6bf46a3ce27c5b33c2b.jpg

I got a really bad crease in the first one I tried.
The good news is the pans didn't cost much, so I'm not upset about that. But the little things keep reminding me I need a break.

Glad to see everything got straightened out with your thread!
Do you know of anyone or can you find someone local that has an English wheel (metal work or body shop)? With that being aluminum it should roll out pretty well once you get the hang of using it but it would take some practice, plus you won't have to heat it up.

Glad to see everything got straightened out with your thread!
Do you know of anyone or can you find someone local that has an English wheel (metal work or body shop)? With that being aluminum it should roll out pretty well once you get the hang of using it but it would take some practice, plus you won't have to heat it up.
There's a local fab shop, and a childhood friend owns a custom motorcycle shop. I'm sure there's an english wheel to be found, unfortunately I'm just not that into it.

I did a test to try to make it look like brushed aluminum, it hides the crease lines pretty well. So I'll get them mounted and see what I think.

Back