(MBBO#04 Class 1) Stormtrooper Rollin' Again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I was thinking maybe a Fred Nugent song tribute...

Merle.

I actually almost made mine into a ti fighter... had visions of fabricating the octagon panels for the sides...
That's the cool thing about a rat build vs a restoration. Themes, mixing parts and no worries about hacking something apart.

Carl.

Cool project frame, I say use the blue guard it's a Iverson I think and looks good. The forks look great, Awesome build so far!

I actually almost made mine into a ti fighter... had visions of fabricating the octagon panels for the sides...
That's the cool thing about a rat build vs a restoration. Themes, mixing parts and no worries about hacking something apart.

Carl.
I like a good restoration, have a couple in the wings, but I'm a big fan of custom. A ti fighter would be awesome.

Cool project frame, I say use the blue guard it's a Iverson I think and looks good. The forks look great, Awesome build so far!
I got the blue guard for a dragstripper build, then found the angled guard I prefer a few days later. Once I get it to bare metal I'll line up the guards to see what slaps me.

You need this to hang in your work shop....on my local CL...

Awesome frame! The forks look great too, and the Kenda is fatt. I like it! Glad to see you still in the build off!

Awesome frame! The forks look great too, and the Kenda is fatt. I like it! Glad to see you still in the build off!
Thanks.
I had to switch out the forks, those were to damaged to trust. The new fork has a different bend to them, but still looks good. I'll update pics Wednesday.

It is currently 73°F in my little part of the world, good day to paint, right?
Apparently not, paint not drying and the little bugs are out in force. So my paint job isn't worth sharing.

Oh and then I went to move something in the garage, and the nicely painted fender to the moped I've been restoring fell off the shelf. Now it needs more work, three steps back.

But hey, it's November in Ohio and it's warm. Maybe I'll have better luck this weekend.

My day was kind of like that as well. Only I didn't have any bike stuff in the works. And we had another day in the 70's in November. But tomorrow is supposed to be crappy, so maybe things will be looking up....

I think I have to much stuff in my garage, maybe I should consider selling some of it.

Then again, if I sell stuff I'd just spend the money on more stuff. I could build a shed. :39:

I think I have to much stuff in my garage, maybe I should consider selling some of it.

Then again, if I sell stuff I'd just spend the money on more stuff. I could build a shed. :39:
Now that you mention it.....got the gravel hauled for the leveling, firming up of the base to the BACK40 couple days ago. Now need my burly son to help with the plate compactor on the weekend to get 'er packed down. Build date only 2 weeks away.....

IMG_0003.JPG

Not much of an update, but it has paint on it. I'm not completely thrilled with how it turned out,but a little wet sanding should make it ok.
Still have to do some accents in black, and work on blacking out the chrome bits I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint looks good from here. White shouldn't be too fussy.
The good thing about the pic is you can't see the spider webbing on that side.
I've sanded it down and it came back, sanded again and it still came back. I think the next round of sanding will have it gone.

Ok boys and girls, I got some black accents on the frame. Still working on the shiny bits,and waiting for a decal. Will post pics after work, whatever time that is.

Ya know, I don't even miss my old job.:grin:

Latest posts

Back