(MBBO#04 Class 1) Murray Eliminator S/E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im starting with a Sports Crest Qualifyer frame I got off eBay. Its basically a 69 Murray Eliminator 24x20 frame I checked the codes. I still have a lot of ideas in the air. Im debating on a 26 inch rear with a 20 inch front. Heres a pic of my green and yellow 69 Eliminator with the stock set up, and the black one is the qualifyer with a 26 and a 20. What do you guys think will look better. Also does anyone have dimensions on the 24 inch fat tires?

IMG_33581_zpsnpyckr1y.jpg
IMG_3363_zpsljzvm6qs.jpg

IMG_3361_zpsmwbeqtox.jpg

IMG_3360_zps1yxjojgr.jpg

Last edited:
I'd probably go with a 24" x 3.0 like this one....Sunlite Chopper ...

Will that fit on my factory wheel? Or would I need a new rim?
It will fit on a metric 24" wheel. Meaning, if it fits a 24 x 2.___, or 24 x 1.95, like that. If it's a 24 x 1 3/8, or a Schwinn S6 or S7 rim it will not fit. The wider the rim the "flatter" the profile of the tire will be. The narrower the rim the more rounded the profile will be.

I agree with the 24" opinions. It leaves less disparity between the two wheels, gives the bike a more balanced look, but still retains the "chopper" or "Dragster" effect of having two different sizes.

I've actually been trying to find a 24x3 with disc brakes and multiple speeds. They're surprisingly difficult to find.

If you go 26 rear then use 24 front.
But I think 24/20 would look more balanced.

I tried a 20x3 on my eliminator,that's when I found out how misshapen the frame was. Aside from that it fit fine.

Eliminator, what's the good word on your build?

Hey guys I've been kinda delayed and the bike is on the back burner. I managed to have my transmission blow, then starter, then crash the car and fix it. So I've been kinda strapped for cash. Hopefully I'll have some good updates for you guys in a few weeks.

That's not fun at all. The car is probably just a little more important than the bike, good luck with it.

Thanks I might be done paying for things in a week or two. My friend at the trans shop is letting me make payments so I just want to get him squared away first. I'm just hoping it stays warm enough to paint the frame of the bike.

Back