(MBBO#04 Class 1) College Drop Out - TCB Weekend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering a chainguard, so I haven't trimmed off the rear bracket for that, yet. Of course, I don't know why I shouldn't. Lowering the rear end as I plan to - it's not called "Drop Out" for nuthin' - I'd have to modify the rear mounting, anyway.

Last edited:
Jake has competition now.
Is that one of those Weird-Ohs models?

Jake has competition now.
Is that one of those Weird-Ohs models?
Yeah, I shortened up "Endsville Eddie" and swapped out the rear wheels to make it relevant to our old illegal soapbox racing activities.

I'm more of a static model fella than an action figure collector, though.

Big Weird Ohs model fan as a kid. Had 5 or 6 of them, really fun assembling and painting. I think that's truly where my rat rod roots come from....wish I still had them. In my late 20's we were forced to help clean out stuff in our old house before it got remodeled .....those, along with some comic books I wish I had now.

So, looks like I may get something done this weekend. Lace up a rim, perhaps? {EDIT: Nope - still waiting on the right length front spokes to arrive.} True wheels {The rear one, anyway} and mount rubber? Strip paint? Make a template? All this and more in the next couple of days, if I can drag my lard butt out to the garage...

Last edited:
I cut three inches out of the center, and clamped the pieces of the handlebar into an old BMX stem so that Luke the Junker could have his mock-up pic. I threw the front wheel from another bike on there, and just leaned the bare rim with tire up against it for this shot. Definitely want to lower the back end a few inches before I start stripping/prepping the frame for its Fink Green Pearl. I'm really contemplating building a different seat, while I'm at it, too.

Last edited:
Loving that stance
Thanks! I'm planning bolt-in dropout brackets to lower it in the rear - shooting for horizontal chainstays - and thinking about doing an upholstered skateboard seat, kind of Ichibike style. It seems like the current nanner is just too short. Story of my life...

The seat does look a bit short on one end....The bike has a great stance and unique vibe though, very sleek....maybe your skate seat would keep that look! Can't believe this was once a boring, vintage road bike!:13:

Sorry for my lack of progress on this. Work and a few other projects have been keeping me away from the garage. I hope to get some time in on this in the next couple of weeks, so that I can prepare it for paint.

Back