LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (with 65rat & ratfink1962)

Bike Fest is a lot of fun, the wife and I are planning to come down this year, she really enjoyed the last one.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (City-Wide Garage Sale)

Hope to see you both there. Will announce more about it later.

Today's ride was to check out the 30th annual city-wide garage sale. Rode the bike below part of the day and my build-off bike the other.

P1030035.JPG

Crossed paths with 65rat and 450redrider a couple times.

P1030033.JPG

Brought home this girls space bike and a tire pump.
P1030061.JPG

P1030040.JPG

City-wide yard sale sounds like an awesome idea. They use to have a base-wide yard sale one or two times a year (and no yard sales could happen apart from those times) at Fort Lee Virginia, I remember getting some awesome stuff there growing up, then they made it more frequent and the deals went away.

Randy, the permit said it was the 32nd annual.

At any rate, I didnt get to go browse, since I was holding my own sale, but it sure seemed to be a lot slower this year. We ended up selling quite a bit, but it took all day to do it. I remember in years past... we would sometimes sell out early.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Will Ride Fo Food)

Ratfink1962 said:
Randy, the permit said it was the 32nd annual.
Whoops. Thanks.
You know I once thought I heard it promoted as the first, oldest, longest running (or something like that) city-wide.
Yes we would usually sell out by noon.

Today...
Rode my build-off bike (sans wood box & different seat) to breakfast.
P1030081.JPG

The grand-kids are back in town from Summer vacation in Alaska. They stopped by today and along with their Mother, Grand-Mother and myself all 6 of us rode to McDonalds.
P1030121.JPG

I bet we rode 30 mi. for the city wide sale. up and down every street in town (now I know where they all are) found a couple coworkers houses that I knew lived in town just not sure where they lived. I only bought 2 things was looking for a name brand mountain bike or hybrid, only thing I found was a Giant rincon so I got it and everything works on it. and a $5 weed eater from Ratfink1962 for my nephew

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Flint Hills Nature Trail)

aka_locojoe said:
Yesterday's ride on the Flint Hills Nature Trail http://youtu.be/FreZL6NKKyU

Great video. On that downhill part to the road you need to find someone with some video editing software to add in a car coming down the road and taking out your wife. :eek: I guarantee it would go viral. haha

I envy all the trails around you. My local bike trail is 7-8 mile one way, I've ridden it day and night over and over, it gets kind of dull, I could probably ride it blindfolded... wait, I'll be right back.

yoothgeye said:
Great video. On that downhill part to the road you need to find someone with some video editing software to add in a car coming down the road and taking out your wife. :eek: I guarantee it would go viral. haha

I envy all the trails around you. My local bike trail is 7-8 mile one way, I've ridden it day and night over and over, it gets kind of dull, I could probably ride it blindfolded... wait, I'll be right back.

Thanks.
Probably a good thing I don't have better editing software or skills. I'd get carried away. Skip to the very end of this one and watch the kid on the bike in the street. http://youtu.be/xhWG6Tvsa-8

We only have one "local" rail-to-trail and it's only 8 miles long. We travel to all the others. This latest one is the next closest and is 2.5 hours away. Far enough away that I didn't want to have to get up early and drive so we went there the night before and spent the night.

geeze you are getting good with the videos. Can I steal some of your ideas? :D

Flint Hills rocks!

Okay...awesome video Randy...I always love watching these....

1. What kind of camera are you using?

2. Was the caffeine needed because of the distance of the ride?

3. What were those red berry looking things?

Rat Rod said:
3. What were those red berry looking things?

Cameras were covered a few pages back but I too wanna know about the res fruity things.

As always I appreciate the comments guys.

The camera used on this video was my Panasonic DMC-ZS20.

Yes the red fruit are some sort of plum. Sandhill or American? Not for sure which if either. Their ok in jelly but on their own they'll make your lips pucker.

The Mtn Dew was just a special treat. I didn't need the caffeine. Several weeks ago I cut out caffeine. Started drinking decaf coffee and when I do treat myself to a pop it's been root beer where it used to be Mtn Dew. I didn't really quit the caffeine for any particular reason other than it's just ridiculous how addicted I was to it and wanted to see if I could. First few days off it were pretty rough.

Thanks Jerry and if you find any ideas worth stealing have at it.

This was a really nice trail. Don't know why we hadn't ridden it sooner. Plan to go back to ride another open segment of it soon now that the temps are below 100.

I think this made the 35th rail-to-trail that we've ridden.

Thanks again all.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Past Few Nights)

Thanks Steve.

Some recent riding.

Grand-son on the Bronco Bike a couple nights ago. video http://youtu.be/0QIn2KTFEfw
P1030564.JPG

On our way to friends house after bicycle block party last night.
P1030645.JPG

Moonlight ride with the Grand-daughter tonight. She told me scary stories of wicked monsters and evil bike snatchers for the whole 5 miles.
P1030726.JPG

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Past Few Nights)

The look of concentration on his face is priceless!
He looks like he got in the groove for the video :D

Night rides are a blast, especially with scary stories :lol:
Has your grand-daughter tried the 24" yet?

Latest posts

Back