Leather saddle pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine
IMG_0439c.jpg

IMG_1382c2.jpg

Dman said:
Does this count? :mrgreen:

MAN - that´s brutal rat-style 8) ! Here one of my Brooks Colts (one of the last new ones, bought in London, ´cause out of program) . . .

regards, Paul

coltlb222.jpg

got this in today. its a Troxel Climax. not sure on year. its HUGE and super comfy. its 13 inches front to back. it has a break in the front nose coil so someone sometime wrapped a bunch of wire around it to help it hold. someone said it might be a early motorcycle saddle. i love it. any info on this would be greatly appreciated :D.

on my boardtracker im workin on.
bikes037.jpg

next to a schwinn seat for size comparison
bikes040.jpg

bikes043.jpg

thesuicideride said:
got this in today. its a Troxel Climax. not sure on year. its HUGE and super comfy. its 13 inches front to back. it has a break in the front nose coil so someone sometime wrapped a bunch of wire around it to help it hold. someone said it might be a early motorcycle saddle. i love it. any info on this would be greatly appreciated :D.

on my boardtracker im workin on.
bikes037.jpg

next to a schwinn seat for size comparison
bikes040.jpg

bikes043.jpg
Sweet seat!

Wow! A 3 year old thread back from the dead.
I forgot about it and that I posted in it.
maybe this thread could(should) be moved to the "show me" section?
I've got a few more now. I'll take pix tonite and post tomorrow

beatcad said:
Wow! A 3 year old thread back from the dead.
I forgot about it and that I posted in it.
maybe this thread could(should) be moved to the "show me" section?
I've got a few more now. I'll take pix tonite and post tomorrow
I think it should be too! Lookin forward to seeing more pics 8)

Brooks B67
img_2467.jpg

img_2806.jpg

Brooks Don't recall the number
img_2321.jpg

img_2735.jpg

Ideale No idea what number
img_2889.jpg

img_2891.jpg

brandy spanky new brooks B17 i just bought for my sexy schwinn.
002_zpsc38d4c53.jpg

green persons on my '47 columbia
005_zps730da240.jpg

black persons that was on a bike i built, but is on a truck to youthguy. by the time you read this i'll probably on one of his bikes :lol:
009_zps966e5992.jpg

worn & squished brooks i got from fellow member bike2112. i think i can put it to good use :wink:
011_zps314089c6.jpg

hairpin repop. i bought or traded from another member here. i orig put it on last years build off bike, but it just never felt rite.
oh,well
012_zpsefd0bc73.jpg

I have a Brooks B67 on my cruiser in honey.

8235321722_a67ee9e941_o.jpg

8192744741_ed14290cc8_o.jpg

I have just purchased a Brooks B17 select for a build of an old lugged English frame that I am currently working on.

8500732815_48ceec0a82_o.jpg

The select uses extra thick organic leather so will probably be broken in when I am 90! It also has the hand hammered large copper rivets and the chamfered edges.

8501840108_bcd707b9b1_o.jpg

Check out the stamp directly above. "Organic Leather". Now there's a real oxymoron from our friends across the pond. :roll: Gary

Stumbled over this thread while doing a search for a leather saddle I have. I've never ridden on a Brooks or other good saddle so I have no point of reference really. I have though, ridden on some crappy vinyl saddles and know my leather one (i have it on my cruiser right now but am going to switch it to my townie/commuter) feels better than those.

Here's a pic. By the way, does anyone know what kind it might be. I thought maybe it was a Middlemore after comparing it to other pics found on the web. The shape, the tension holes on the side and the logo says TRADE MARK on either side of the middle letters the way Middlemore saddles do...

BUT the middle letters/logo says MS and there isn't a globe. Also, the back of the saddle doesn't have rivet hole for a metal manufacturer plate.
the words above the MS letters I believe say SPECIAL BICYCLES
leather_saddle_1_zpsfc42a6e3.jpg

After I cleaned it up. Nice, huh.
leather_saddle_3_zpsb949fb86.jpg

Texas saddle. : )
leather_saddle_2_zps0b5c2861.jpg

Back