Leather saddle pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've built up a nice amount of saddles over time:
Brooks B10
Brooks B17 Copper
Brooks B72
Brooks Colt
Brooks Conquest
Brooks Indian
Leatheries L21L
Leatheries L99
Lycett Swallow
Mansfield Club
Wrights Olympic 90/3B
Wrights W3N
Wrights W5 (no pictures yet)
Flying Pigeon B73 copy
Middlemore vinyl mattress type

Pictures can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/21720915@N03/

Edit: just added my Lycett which I forgot to do originally.

Yes, it can be hard to resist an unused vintage saddle or with Leatheries and Mansfield just a rare brand.
Cool that you got a B33, how is it? My Wrights 90/3B is the most comfortable saddle i've owned.

Hello Stephen,

Lotsa nice pictures you got there.

Here's a Brooks Professional Select, vintage '80

Cheers

018-1.jpg

I bought this on sale for 40 bucks 20 years ago. I should have bought 2 or 3 of them. It keeps getting put on my different bikes, regular seats aren't near as good.

dc8n5z.jpg

Wildcat
Nice buy there, and good age, Brooks just go on and on!

bighit
The B135 is something i'd like to try, with the push/pull springing.
How do you rate the pre-aged leather on the Flyer?
The hairpin saddle, Brooks B12 style, why was it no good? I'm curious as I had a bit of a bid on one once but didn't go all out for it.

brooks on my fixed gear
000_0018-2.jpg

wrights on my build off bike
000_0017.jpg

Stephen, I found your pics very useful. Not for the seats (though nice) but for the bars. I'm off to locate some Raleigh North Rounders! I've looked all over for similar bars and didn't think anyone made them. Hope I can find some here in the colonies. 8) Gary

stephen said:
Well used there! A Wrights W3ST? Does that say B19 on the Brooks?

the wrights is a W3ST

the brooks is a B15

beatcad,

Ah! I know the B15. There are B19s, don't know what they're like though.

Gary,

Thanks for checking it out. Those alloy bars I didn't get around to putting them on and they ended up on my Hawk cyclocross. So I got the chromed steel for the Chiltern off ebay. After someone telling me about having several alloy bars snap on them i'm not so keen.

man those old brooks and wrights look so cool. does anyone know what this saddle might be? i got it from flatlander when i bought my tandem but the stamp is pretty worn and i cant make out what it says. looks like B E ? ?. thanks in advance!

bike017.jpg

bike015.jpg

bike014.jpg

thats what i thought but it looks like there are four letters and there is a space between them all. its hard to tell tho. its pretty aged. any idea on what model it might be if it is a brooks?

I thought Brooks until I noticed there were no holes in the middle. I think all Brooks have the 3 holes down the middle.

Back