Last Week's Trip To Antique Archeology

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Stopped by "Pickers" during a long road trip. Neat place, very very small. They say TV adds 10lbs, in this case I think TV adds about 2,000 square feet.

This original location is not so much their hub anymore, it's more of a small museum and a place to peddle T-shirts and hats and coffee mugs. REALLY cool stuff in there though, it was worth the side trip.

635bf225.jpg

Early Autocycle. Is this the "Doubly Duty Fork"??
b80d1555.jpg

Excelsior. This resto is INCREDIBALLS!
c3797d01.jpg

5abaf087.jpg

6e471b66.jpg

c76e2363.jpg

Another Excelsior tank with PERFECT patina.
509e7071.jpg

a45321c7.jpg

Schwinn Streamline Aerocycle.... Just.... Speechless.
69f7a619.jpg

b7262c82.jpg

f92068e6.jpg

The grotto. Another Autocycle?
bba76974.jpg

e3af477c.jpg

04fd1be7.jpg

Was there twice this summer found a few things not that much on sale but asked on a bike stem they photoed it and messaged the boys in South Dakota the got right back to us with a $10 price tag later I saw one on Ebay for $100! I got a good deal the kids workin were nice and had a lot of tats.

This is something that I've wanted to know since the beginning of the show...

Did Antique Archeology actually exist as a company before they started the series?

I understand that Mike filmed himself picking and had a buddy edit the footage to send off to pitch to everyone, but I was curious if that business location and name was eventually fabricated by the folks at the History Channel to sort of bring it all together.

Tailwinds said:
ozzmonaut said:
Did you get to meet Danielle?

Danielle was not there (according to a third party in Iowa she never is anymore).

Danielle's equally tattooed but, most unfortunately, very homely counterpart was :(
Haaaa, I love when women are described as homely.

Back