Last one for a while

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using Mark's photochop, use a piece of a small leaf spring instead of tubing. Suspension. Just figure a way to bolt on.

Granth said:
I think it needs a 4-stroke ;)
I looked at the prices on those and those guys are spending $700 or $800 on the motor and trans part.....to go 35 mph. I have a Honda Valkyrie in the garage that I have had around 140 mph a couple times.

cman said:
Using Mark's photochop, use a piece of a small leaf spring instead of tubing. Suspension. Just figure a way to bolt on.
I doubt if there is a way to bolt or weld a spring on to this frame. It would hook on about two inches into the tank. I'm probably going to leave it like it is. Kinda unique looking.

Where will you be putting the crank? in the bend of the bottom tube? What would that distance be from the seat? Might fit a larger guy .... ? too close to the front wheel?

I really like this bike Unc. Excellent inspiration gives excellent work.

Uncle Stretch said:
Granth said:
I think it needs a 4-stroke ;)
I looked at the prices on those and those guys are spending $700 or $800 on the motor and trans part.....to go 35 mph. I have a Honda Valkyrie in the garage that I have had around 140 mph a couple times.

cman said:
I doubt if there is a way to bolt or weld a spring on to this frame. It would hook on about two inches into the tank. I'm probably going to leave it like it is. Kinda unique looking.

king motors has the whole kit for ~250. you dont "need" a tranny from my understanding. a single speed will go 35 with the right sprocket.

thatismytruck said:
Where will you be putting the crank? in the bend of the bottom tube? What would that distance be from the seat? Might fit a larger guy .... ? too close to the front wheel?

Yep , its suppose to go in that bend.The measurement to the seat is about 24'' right now. Would be real tight for you. I will have to build you one sometime . On the crank I have 10'' right now and that is what I normally put. If you get into a bind on that measurement , you can use a fork that is a triple tree and gain an 1'' or a springer and gain about an 1 1/2'' . Its possible to do a custom one and add some extra bend and get quiet a bit more. Ok let me write that down....one long bike frame for a over 6' guy ha ha Glad you like it Skip. Its just a fun build to see if I could build around something like that tank.

Granth I looked for several hours at some motorbike sites the other night and I doubt that your going to get a 4 stroke motor kit for $250. All the ones I saw used a Honda clone motor and the motor started at $399 without the parts. Those 2 cycle kits are cheap , but I bet go by the wayside when everybody switches to the 4 strokes. I could be wrong though. :roll:

Cool build, but i dont like the title. how long is a while? i cant wait that long. :cry:

I really don't need any frames , so I build for the fun of seeing what I can come up with. If something hits me while I'm getting a few things done , I may build it. Its not too expensive to build one , but I get stuff really dirty , including me ...my house...everything I touch...my sinks .....the shower. I have to do a few and then catch up on the stuff I dropped to focus on the builds. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
thatismytruck said:

Yep , its suppose to go in that bend.The measurement to the seat is about 24'' right now. Would be real tight for you. I will have to build you one sometime . On the crank I have 10'' right now and that is what I normally put. If you get into a bind on that measurement , you can use a fork that is a triple tree and gain an 1'' or a springer and gain about an 1 1/2'' . Its possible to do a custom one and add some extra bend and get quiet a bit more. Ok let me write that down....one long bike frame for a over 6' guy ha ha Glad you like it Skip. Its just a fun build to see if I could build around something like that tank.

Granth I looked for several hours at some motorbike sites the other night and I doubt that your going to get a 4 stroke motor kit for $250. All the ones I saw used a Honda clone motor and the motor started at $399 without the parts. Those 2 cycle kits are cheap , but I bet go by the wayside when everybody switches to the 4 strokes. I could be wrong though. :roll:

Granted I was 50 bucks off, and this is "out of stock", here is the one that is 300 with the motor and all things needed such as gas tank/throttle/rear sprocket and such.

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/bicycle- ... -49cc.html

WOW i like the old tank on there looks pretty cool also the floating old seat, nice build man. How long have you been working on this one? I just saw it tonight. My power got wacked today by a nasty storm that rolled threw here, the darn wind blew so hard it took out the flag pole and my satellite dish :cry: no TV till Thursday.

I was messing with it for a few days. I started another and cut it up , then decided to do this one. I was waiting to see if I had to cut this one before I posted. :roll:
Sorry about your power , I lost mine for 13 days when Ike got us. See yall don't have any cool names for your storms. Its like well it blew a lot and was real bad. We say...Man Ike destroyed everything. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i got some names for some of these storms but i might get kicked off of RRB forum if i told ya :lol:. That is weird how you guys name your storms :mrgreen:

Wasn't my idea. I'm like you , I have some names for them too. I'm pretty sure the National Weather Service had something to do with that name deal. I know for sure it wasn't me or any of my family. :roll:

love the frame design i wish i had a quarter of the stuff to get as many bikes done as you do. i stare at mine for a few hours and just today ended up ripping apart some of what i had already done. anyways i am not a motorized bike guy but i gotta admit the lines on this bike would work well with one. but not a tiny 2 stroke i was thinking more like a 2 or 5 hp briggs. and in my opinion they sound good too

Thats funny Karfer , but I have problems too. I got use to take a nap at 4pm. Now my eyes slam shut wherever I am at 4pm. I have to work through it a little. I look down and think , man I'm already filthy , I might as well build that part or grind the welds and they just seem to get done. I built my 32 ford 3 window in three months. I got it and it was all aftermarket parts in boxes. I had the interior and the paint done , but I did the rest.

th005.jpg

yes sir but your bikes are not so ready for assembly. you simply amaze me with what you turn out. oh and i gotta post new pics of my hot rod one of these days unfortunately it is a bit of this and that :D

Well, I guess is worth the effort. If I start walking now... I´ll be there by February!
Is really not that far... maybe I could get some help from the cannon man at the local circus...:lol:

In my opinion the tank looks amazing, it defines the hole design.

karfer67 said:
yes sir but your bikes are not so ready for assembly. you simply amaze me with what you turn out. oh and i gotta post new pics of my hot rod one of these days unfortunately it is a bit of this and that :D
Thanks Karfer, I work at it , but in the real world scheme of things , I'm a small fish compared to all the other builders here on RRB. For me this is just entertainment , and I'm getting a little better as time goes by. :lol:

Gdcast said:

Well, I guess is worth the effort. If I start walking now... I´ll be there by February!
Is really not that far... maybe I could get some help from the cannon man at the local circus...:lol:

In my opinion the tank looks amazing, it defines the hole design.
Your right its a pretty good trip from my house to yours. It might be easier to send you a how to video and you could build your own. :lol:
My designs and builds are pretty simple in nature. The only reason I do them is to show everybody that you can build a fair frame if you start welding stuff together. :roll:

Latest posts

Back