>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<< A little less lack.....

Jake Sensi said:
kingfish254 said:
Paint turned out great!
Throw some pink pinstiping between the choclate and vanilla and you can change the name to Neapolitan.
What he said except for that pink line! How about Nestley Qwick!! :mrgreen: See ya thursday. Peace
HA! Yea, I don't think any pink will make its way on here... Well, we'll see :wink:

p00r0ldlu said:
That paint job is amazing...I have a frame in my garage that I want to do the same treatment to. You have inspired me, good sir. Glad there is not a sub class for brown bikes as my 'Orange Crush' is a flat brown frame that this paint job absolutely crushes. (pun intended)
Glad this build can inspire you. I was glad to see yours after you sprayed it brown. I knew I wasn't alone in the brown club... Oooh that sounds kinda weird! :lol: :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
Wow that came out nice,again that is a nice combo 8)
Thanks GSC. Too bad you aren't gonna be there this weekend... Unless something has changed? You gonna have Sunday Best there in under construction mode??

raggedjim said:
Paint looks great! It's good to see a plan come together.
Good luck, Rg
Yes its a great feeling when it looks like things will come together and not be a bust!!

fantastic work on the paint sir! I wish I had skills like you. 8)

the brown looks smoooooooth, i think its hard to get the "vanilla" part right too with a two tone combo like that but you've nailed it Critter !!! :D

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Critter,

WOW! I mean, WOW!

Are the scallops your design or a stencil kit?

Did I mention, WOW!

Cheers,
Dr. T
So Dr. T, tell me what you think.. :mrgreen:

The stencils are for a Schwinn actually. Ebay find on those.

CCR said:
the brown looks smoooooooth, i think its hard to get the "vanilla" part right too with a two tone combo like that but you've nailed it Critter !!! :D
Jeremy, I think you nailed it with the caramel apple analogy. I packed on a TON of clear so when I wet sand and buff you wont feel any lines between the vanilla & caramel.

bighit said:
That paint is amazing. It looks like chocolate, now I am hungry.

And the frame is a winner. I have two and I love them both.
I got sooo lucky on this frame. Ratina had it up for only a few minutes when I saw it for sale and jumped all over it!

Critter1 said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Critter,

WOW! I mean, WOW!

Are the scallops your design or a stencil kit?

Did I mention, WOW!

Cheers,
Dr. T
So Dr. T, tell me what you think.. :mrgreen:

The stencils are for a Schwinn actually. Ebay find on those.

I've used those before myself, I wish they were available for Monarks! Either way....WOW!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Looking very Nice.

>>>LACKLUSTER

Decided to take a ride down to Old Sacramento after work & think about assembling Lackluster tomorrow...
7fd4fbc7.jpg

17e0bb96.jpg

94efeb9c.jpg

I love seeing people using their cool rat bikes!!!!

Critter: Paint is awesome! This whole build just gets better & better. I would have never picked that color combo, but after seeing it, I am amazed @ how great it looks. You should be proud of this baby! Definately one of my favs so far, keep up the good work. 8) 8) 8) 8)

pick said:
Critter: Paint is awesome! This whole build just gets better & better. I would have never picked that color combo, but after seeing it, I am amazed @ how great it looks. You should be proud of this baby! Definately one of my favs so far, keep up the good work. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Thank you Pick! I too am impressed with the colors and how they pop off the frame... and they're just hanging there. Hope it looks even better in an assembed state. :D :D :D

I love those frames and that paint is

bf3fc082952faced16e12ba73680b391.jpg

Back