la cucaracha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the name stolen from iskys famous little roadster......
been wanting a traditonal style board track bike for sometime now....found some nice fodder to make it so after i find a donor fender and a seat that has 'the look' ill post some better mock up pics but until then............... :wink:
lacucaracha002.jpg

lacucaracha001.jpg

bars are going black also along with just about everything else :shock:

Very cool start , I'm also working on a boardtracker. All that's left to do is the seat and pedals(on order). Was going wait on posting pics until complete but I'll snap some pics and get them out there for some inspiration.

DUDE!!!
i want a frame like that soo bad
but i'll i can ever find are girls frames

GREAT BIKE!!

thanks for all the good words! mastershake hopefully ill have it ready for the feb. ride :roll:
got the seat i WANT to use but unfortunatley its not feasable cause the spring hits the frame so i cant lower it enough :x
guess maybe ill have to join the brooks club!
heres alittle slide show of it with the seat that wont work............

again another awsome bike from ya buddy what can i say? ohhh so thats where that 2 speed you were talking about ended up did you mannage to get it working yet? if you need a brooks come on down i will make you a good deal on one i think a honey B17 would look real nice and we just happen to have one on stock whaddd a uuuu know. especially if it means you getting her done for the feb cruise o rama ride. i think this time around i am going to bring out the ratty truck.

karfer...if ya see this what was the saddle on the black schwinn that was there for the jan. cruise(btw i need it in black)
also i got tired of looking at all that empty space between the top bars so its gonna get a tank now :roll: (got the card board all cut up and taped together so i know my dimensions now).........ill post some tank pics hopefully this week end if i can remember to bring tools home and go get some steel :roll:

heck no forget that all black trendy crap lol. my jc higgins is flat blakc with minimal chrome, white rims, and distressed brown leather. you got the right route.

now hook me uop with some frames int eh sac area lol

come on down buddy i got the higgins mostly the way she was when i first built her. and i think your right it's name really is "the higgins." and praised the lowered do i know you? another sacto rat bike guy cool. have you checked out the events area about the sacramento cruiser ride every month? next one os feb 9th

well the tanks coming along.........(still havent gotten more steel to finish it yet though) :roll:
the seat will remain the original one(tried the brooks but i couldnt get it far enough down to use :x )made a seat post thats alittle longer and thats all it took! hopefully ill have a chain soon so i can take her out for a spin!!
heres some of the tank in progress( ill post others once i start stitching it all together)............
lacucaracha001.jpg

lacucaracha004.jpg

lacucaracha005.jpg

Back