Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up this Cannondale to flip. It was hanging in furniture makers shop so it was COVERED in fine sawdust
WP_20140517_08_31_35_Pro.jpg

Cleaned up pretty well though
SOLD
WP_20140517_13_56_41_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Cleared $200 profit from the Cannondale in less that 72 hours!!!
This more than covers the cost of the parts below, so I guess I got some free parts!

Had two packages waiting for me when I got home tonight.
I am really digging the cross bars for starsNbars. The huge kickstand is definitely going on too.

The coolest part is the Gaskill Hop Shop Higgins rack. I thought the lettering was painted on, but it is actually masking tape that has been varnished over. It's held up incredibily well considering that I am the 3rd RRBer to own this since Gaskill sold it to Tyler.

It's so cool to own two items from such a skilled artist (not a doodad king ;))!

WP_20140521_20_54_01_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like I've had those parts in My Shop for quite awhile ,Thought it was about time too pass them along ,I have quite a few people passing though and it was always fun to watch them try to guess what that rack was ...I guess if your not a Classic Bike person its hard too make heads or tails out of some things ..
Enjoy !

~RafaeL~

I'll definitely enjoy this piece. The lettering is pretty basic but so vintage hot rod too. I still think it is so cool that it is actually plain old masking tape. Kinda gives the tank a mixed media art piece vibe. THANKS AGAIN.

Please pardon that interruption. Back to our regularly scheduled program.
I took this pic tonight to try and show the wicked masking tape lettering that Gaskill did on this rack. Too cool for school!!!!
WP_20140522_19_39_51_Pro.jpg

Ya know, I never noticed it was masking tape!

That's the genius of it! You don't really notice it at all. The numbers on the speedo are masking tape also and I bet the 696 on your Speed Demon skirt guards were too. I didn't see it until I looked close at how the lettering was done and I saw that it had a cool texture to it and then I realized ... wow, that's masking tape. Very cool technique.

Last edited:
Picked up these like new hardside saddlebags with key for cheap today.
Does anyone recognize the brand logo?
SOLD

WP_20140524_13_27_27_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see such good members get things worked out ! As to the glass bags, they sure are cool. Maybe aftermarket bags used on any motorcycle or bike.

Good to see such good members get things worked out ! As to the glass bags, they sure are cool. Maybe aftermarket bags used on any motorcycle or bike.
I don't know if I would go that far. It's more fair to say that we are two grumpy old men that don't see eye to eye and agree to disagree. :bigboss:

The saddlebags are definitely aftermarket. Their a bit too nice to be for a bicycle, I am pretty sure these are motorcycle aftermarket. Still trying to price them out before I put them on ebay.

Slow day at yard sales. I only got 3 cans of red primer for $1 and a bag of tools for $4. But as I was riding down the lane with starsNbars, I found two like new Co Pilot child bike seats laying next to the trash. I googled them and saw that these suckers sell for $130 new!!!! I snatched them up and only had to take them a block away to my house. I should be able to sell these for close to what I paid for my starsNbars frame. They may not look like much, but to me they look like a FREE 1938 Hawthorne Twin Bar. :D
SOLD for more than what I paid for my starsNbars frame.
WP_20140607_20_07_34_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this Specialized Hardrock Sport for only $50 on CL today. All it needs is air, wash down, and chain lube. I should easily clear enough profit to pay for my Worksman three speed wheels and BOA tires on starsNbars.
SOLD
WP_20140609_18_08_32_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up two electric bikes today for a Franklin. Both have Currie electric bolt on motors and racks that can hold two batteries. Came with chargers and three batteries. Charging the batteries now. Test after 2 hour charge and both motors work great.

Ladies Ezip Trailz
SOLD
WP_20140614_09_08_13_Pro (1024x708).jpg

And an Univega 21 speed Tandem Sport
SOLD tandem
Removed Electric kit and SOLD it too.
WP_20140614_16_33_58_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Getting this Elgin Twinbar frame from @prewarguy . He sold me the Hawthorne Twin Bar that I am using for BONINE. Maybe I'll use this one for BOTEN?

USED for VerBoten

IMG_1069_zpsba37a7ca - Copy (1024x558).jpg
IMG_1071_zpsded861d7 - Copy (1024x768).jpg
IMG_1074_zps0b4b2e59 - Copy (1024x768).jpg

Last edited:
Back