Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had an awesome day today. Drove down to JAX again. This time to do a trade with us1ss (Mike). Made it a multi-purpose trip to drop off Wildcat's 53 Schwinn frame that he has bought back from me. I also checked out CL before heading down and picked up my first recumbent bike.

Another cool thing about the trip was while I was travelling I was getting a ton of hits on my CL ads, so I stopped by the office to pick up the parts and delivered enough parts on the way home to completely cover the gas of my 6 hour round trip.

Here are the two awesome frames that I got from Mike.
Cameron's old Texas Special 1938 Colson
SOLD
WP_20140330_13_22_29_Pro.jpg

And this powder coated metallic burgundy 1950s JC Higgins with ChroMo cranks and sealed Odyssey BB
TRADED
WP_20140330_13_24_03_Pro.jpg

Then this cool ReBike recumbent to flip
SOLD
WP_20140330_18_34_57_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Picked this up on CL during lunch for $20. I should be able to sell the rack for that much then have a decent coaster wheelset for free.
SOLD
WP_20140331_13_33_09_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Getting this Western Flyer X-53 frame from bikesnbuses (maybe someday I'll find a tank for it)

USED on Western Sizzler X-53 in BO14

P1160432_zps7c3f3450-1.jpg

P1160439_zpsa015f5df-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking at that Bug Eye tank on the Cabe thinking it was just a tank someone hacked holes in. Pretty cool that it actually was made that way!

That's what I thought to start with too. The price was too good to pass up, so I'll add it to my parts collection.

Received this cool light from another trade with ilikebikes.
brianlight4_zpsd884645b.jpg

Cool little light, do you want to part with it?

No thanks. I missed out on a similar one and was glad to find that Tony had this one.

My 1936 Silver King has landed

SOLD

WP_20140407_09_18_16_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Nice SK... One of these days I hope to find a barn find SK. I guess your method of buying and selling so you can trade up is a good plan, I might just have to start selling off some excess stock if I ever want one..

Nice SK... One of these days I hope to find a barn find SK. I guess your method of buying and selling so you can trade up is a good plan, I might just have to start selling off some excess stock if I ever want one..

No buying or selling for this one. It was just a trade of my custom for this classic.
But I do typically use my YSD (Yard Sale Dollar) conversion rate to justify my purchases.

Getting this 67 year old girl delivered tomorrow. 1947 CWC
SOLD in parts

V__49B6.jpg

Last edited:
I could not pass this up for the shop!!! My very own KingFish
WP_20140412_10_23_26_Pro.jpg

I also picked up a few boxes of vintage and NOS road bike stuff yesterday.

NOS First Generation Shimano Dura Ace clamp-on downtube shifters SOLD
NOS Vintage Shimano Dura Ace brake levers SOLD
Shimano Dura Ace bar end shifters SOLD
Vintage Campy seat post SOLD
Brooks B-17 Special (Large copper rivets) - SOLD
Vintage Camagnolo Record high flange hubs with skewers SOLD
Vintage Shimano downtube shifters SOLD
Shimano Super SLR brake calipers SOLD
Campagnolo Record front derailleur SOLD
Shimano 500 rear derailleur SOLD
Shimano first gen Crane GS rear derailleur SOLD
NOS Shimano 600 Arabesque rear derailleur SOLD
Nite Rider rechargeable lights 35 and 15 watt SOLD
Variety of racks, lights, pedals, crankset, hub, stems, freewheels, cassettes, derailluers, saddles, toeclips-half and full. . .SOLD
SOLD
index.php

Last edited:
For a Buck, I got a full can of WD40 and this cool book that is full of artwork examples of skateboard stickers. Lot of cool inspiration here.
WP_20140412_17_46_30_Pro.jpg

Back