Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 2/27 50 tires + Park Tools + Parts

kingfish254 said:
Finally was able to meet up with the bike guy for the car dealer that was selling off some of his tools and old stock.
Picked up about 50 tires, a gaggle of Park specialty tools, a Park truing stand, a spoke threader and a gang of spokes, a nanner and sissy bar, a gang of tubes, about 8 boxes of cabling, some SS freewheels, some threadless headsets, some single brakes, and I foget what else.

A few of the tires are rat rod cool, but a lot of them are just what I needed for some of the flip bikes I bought yesterday.

Let me know when you start selling some of it, things that interest me: little tires, cables, freewheels. Of course tools, but you'd be stupid to let them go unless you have multiples, in which case...

There were some basic Kenda 20" bmx tires. I could probably sell some of the cabling. There were only 5 freewheels, so I am keeping those. Tools-wise, I plan on keeping what I picked up. But there are some duplicate freewheel removal tools that I will sell.

Here is the stuff that I got from the bike shop
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=69698

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/1 Burled Wood Higgins Tank

Getting this sweet Higgins tank that was hand made by CWC from burled wood (I forgot to ask what kind of wood).

More pics here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=69764

2013-03-01_18-19-53_539_zpsc547d91b.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Getting this sweet Higgins tank that was hand made by CWC from burled wood (I forgot to ask what kind of wood).

2013-03-01_18-19-53_539_zpsc547d91b.jpg
I think it's old growth fir from before the tillamook forest fire of 1933. It came from a very old coffee table that I bought from a old axeman here in oregon. He said it was, and it was the size of it was at least of a 100+ year old tree.

CWC said:
I think it's old growth fir from before the tillamook forest fire of 1933. It came from a very old coffee table that I bought from a old axeman here in oregon. He said it was, and it was the size of it was at least of a 100+ year old tree.

Now that makes it even cooler!!!

Even though I have 14 bikes from the retired flipper that I need to sell, I still managed to pick up another bike at a yard sale today.
Got this new and never ridden Schwonn Loop folder with bag. It is already on CL after putting air in the tires. I love the strange fact that people will use craigslist to post an ad for their yardsale, but they leave it to me to use the same tool to post their bike. :mrgreen:

(SOLD)

IMG_1727.jpg

Here is the Brooks that I got from the Raleigh Sports. The retiring flipper really polished it up well.
(SOLD)
IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/5 Rusty Sears Screamer Found

This rusty piece of my childhood will be headed my way son.

3E53Gb3pa5Ic5Lf5F1d26e751db2bffda15a6.jpg

King that Screamer is pretty cool!

1918 Ranger

It definitely needs a lotta love!!!

You found one! Wow, that is rough.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
You found one! Wow, that is rough.

Yes it is, but that means I can do what I want to it, without feeling like a I messing up a $1000 collector's item.
I spent more than I thought I would have for a bike this rusty, but it has alot of the right parts that I want and I can easily justify it to myself by using the YSD exchange rate. Sunday I sold two bikes with at a YSD rate of 5.38 which means I paid $32 Yard Sale Dollars for this rusty memory. :mrgreen:

LukeTheJoker said:
You gotta do a build thread on that one Kingfish! Looking forward to it!

Luke.

I will when I get it and actually start any work on it. It's gonna be fun playing around with this one. I really want to see what a Spoiler or Girvin fork look like on a Screamer.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 3/9 Cool RR Light

Picked up this cool railroad light. Lot of potential there.
(SOLD)

WP_001288.jpg

Also got this tall Fuji and a pair of crutches for future sissy bars
(SOLD)

WP_001287.jpg

Last edited:

LukeTheJoker said:
You got the Screamer yet?

Yes I did. Here lies the rusty remains.

IMG_1840.jpg

Back