Kalin I.D. help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I had someone contact me because they heard I was looking for vintage cruisers, all I was told is it is aluminum, and the maker is kalin. Any info? Age? Fair price to offer? I don't know anything about them, thanks in advance
918cb4ff2ee20adbe1a7c8fa3c148a3e.jpg

Looks like a Monark Silver King to me. Google pics search link below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mon...UCsidygS49ILQBQ&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=657

They're desirable bikes. I can't help you with price or more precise info. Obviously some parts are not correct and others are missing. I think these frames can suffer from cracks. Something the more knowledgeable people can tell you more about. Might want to change your title to help get more views.

Yeah it does look like that to me too, I had never seen one, thank you

There are a few thing that the bike has going for it.
#1 it has the original fenders$$$$
They are usually missing and are impossible to find. This is a 24" bike not your typical 26" But almost all Silver Kings are 24" there are only a few models that where made in a 26" frame.
#2 it has the original aluminum truss rods. There again usually missing and are very hard to find.
Things that are missing are:
Seat, original aluminum stem and aluminum handle bars.
The seat can be found pretty easy. The stem can usually be found.
But the aluminum bars are very hard to find.
Looks like the front wheel is incorrect but 24" triple step wheels can be found as well.
If the frame is in good condition ie. No cracks
The bike is probably worth around $400 tops.
It would probably cost around $1200 to $1500 put the bike back as original.
One of the most expensive parts that is missing is the front light and battery can. that alone would probably cost $600
But these bikes make pretty cool rat rods as well and would be much cheaper as well.
Good luck
JKent

Latest posts

Back