jumping on the Meat Wagon: bike ambulance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: jumping on the Meat Wagon

Meat Wagon is a good name for it!

im going to take some pictures real quick, but just imagine this rolling down the street with a 4 year old riding shotgun in the front basket, a scooter in the box, and some kid with knee high dress socks riding it. its summer time boys and girls!

rode to stater bros which is roughly a 4 mile ride round trip. wasn't to bad except i noticed i forgot the nut to tighten the bearing cup on the crank, so i didnt get to ride backwards :(. so to be completely honest, this trike defeated all purposes: it wasn't comfortable, it couldnt turn in a two lane road, it rattled and shook like a . . . well it shook bad, and made a noise i cant quite describe, and to top it all off i saw my ex girlfriend walking with her new boyfriend who looks like ....., but it has dawned on me that the whole time, i was smiling and waving and it was fun. so i guess it did fulfill one thing.plus the homeless people think its awesome

snydur said:
rode to stater bros which is roughly a 4 mile ride round trip. wasn't to bad except i noticed i forgot the nut to tighten the bearing cup on the crank, so i didnt get to ride backwards :(. so to be completely honest, this trike defeated all purposes: it wasn't comfortable, it couldnt turn in a two lane road, it rattled and shook like a . . . well it shook bad, and made a noise i cant quite describe, and to top it all off i saw my ex girlfriend walking with her new boyfriend who looks like ....., but it has dawned on me that the whole time, i was smiling and waving and it was fun. so i guess it did fulfill one thing.plus the homeless people think its awesome
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I started laughing about half way through and couldn't stop! Awesome!

Awesome! I can't wait to see it with meat and Kool-Aid! :p

RatTrick said:
Awesome! I can't wait to see it with meat and Kool-Aid! :p
funny you should mention that. haha

006 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
mah rolling koolaid stand

004 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
still to short for this, but im looking for a pixie for her to learn to ride on

007 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
lets roll! (note the scrape on her knee: not from me, she fell off her own bike)

010 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
backwards trick riding! yes!!

003 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
love being able to sit on the rear box to take pictures

002 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

001 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
now, i didnt plan on riding as far as we did. we went round the block, so we didnt have helme\ts on. usually we do. but now im in a pickle, where do i find her a small german brain bucket like mine? but we made 11 dollars in koolaid sales (people were paying a dollar a cup, even though we charged 50 scents) and some people took some pictures. then! some guy we sold lemonade to came down the street and offered me 150 bucks for the trike, i had to deny, but long story short, theres going to be a meat wagon 2 (his wife wants it, no lie!) :mrgreen:

Not sure if u grilled with it yet but I'm thinking the heat from the grill might melt the tire a bit, not sure though. If it does melt you could put in like a metal heat plate something like these muffler covers
cl4.jpg

or like heat shield from a car hood. Very cool bike I love the idea :D

who could resist that smile, no wonder your profits were so high! cool that you got a job out of it,too.

that's so kool! still waitin to see smoke trailing behind it while the meat cooks!

Random Bikes said:
Not sure if u grilled with it yet but I'm thinking the heat from the grill might melt the tire a bit, not sure though. If it does melt you could put in like a metal heat plate something like these muffler covers
cl4.jpg

or like heat shield from a car hood. Very cool bike I love the idea :D
hmmm. . .good point. to the garage! (tommorow, have a party today) hahaha. thanks for the comments guys and gals.

If you did want to coast you could find a Schwinn front freewheeling crank,
I might have one if you need one. I wonder if a moped disk brake setup would tear up a crank disk......have one of those too.....Bring on the skid competition. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
If you did want to coast you could find a Schwinn front freewheeling crank,
I might have one if you need one. I wonder if a moped disk brake setup would tear up a crank disk......have one of those too.....Bring on the skid competition. :mrgreen:
well id dint plan on updating this til tommorow. . .but you mentioned a competition. :mrgreen: its making its maiden meat voyage tommorow. 3 pounds of carne asada, three hungry people, and a whole lot of california sun.

001 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
nothing better to do on a summer day that grill

003 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
best friend garrett and sister jessica

005 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
we were going to take kool-aid but we had no room in the box. sorry.

006 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
loaded and ready to roll

007 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
note the slack in the chain, that will lead to downfall (ish)

009 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
flipflops kept falling off, so we just put them in the basket with her. we were rollling in style

010 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
we got there. people looked and smiled on the way in. times were a rolling hard

011 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
so far so good! after about a gallon or so of lighter fluid. it stayed kinda lit, so we worked with it

012 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
mmm . . .you can smell the manliness coming off the grill

013 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
well . . yeah. it did that afew times. about the 6th time (non sarcasm) i figured id take a picture

014 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
our knife slash fork, slah can opener, slash tongs

015 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
not to shabby. our cutting board worked pretty well

016 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
knowing i forgot something the whole way, we remembered . a spoon. so we improvised. cut the side of a cup off, and we have a ghetto spoon! ingenuity!!!

020 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
good times

025 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
coming down the street, there was enough of a slope to ride with no pedals. so i put my feet up and coasted. bad idea. when i put my feet back on the pedals i had to stop it somehow which almost landed me in a gutter.

026 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
home

so all in all it was a bust. the meat was gross, the fire relit itself on the way home, so we had smoke puring off the back of our trike. the chain came off the KRUSH bike twice, and it was hot outside. but we still had a .... good time! people around us were smiling. i got into a little tire mark competition. we went fast, and proobably got some rays. lost a bolt in the metal seat, and really didnt matter. but it was fun. and all be ...... if were not going to do it again next month.

Re: jumping on the Meat Wagon:grilling hard

:( were sawing through the frame. its getting unlowered

Re: jumping on the Meat Wagon:grilling hard

hahaha. that's what Garrett was saying, it still went better than last time: we lit part of the park on fire. . . .and we werent even bbqing. the trike did get unlowered today, and im surprised by how much better it rides.

Back