jumping on the Meat Wagon: bike ambulance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i figure its aout time to show what ive been working on in the downlow. ive had this trike for years, and alwasy thought it was infixable due to the rear sprocket, well, i fixed that and have been building it for about a month now litle by little.
26" forks off a huffy, and some cutting of broken off chainguard tabs. and its hard to tell, but the rear rack is twisted and cracked baaaadly.

111 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

so off it goes

116 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

118 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

001 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

the origional plan called for a two person seat on the back like i had on it before when i found out about the sprocket, but then genius struck.

002 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

cut cut cut

006 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

007 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

so now i need to finish up the rear rack, get a seat and tubes, build a small pan for the bbq, cut the grill, paint front tires, getpedals, . . ...... hahaha

Re: project backburner

122 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
and heres whats giving me problems. the sprocket was to dang wide, well i didnt know that for years, figured it out (i dont know how i did, i just know i did) and ground it down on one side, just a hair. works fine. and yes this will be a fixie so-to-speak.

I like it ,this is going to make me want to build a Trike :!: :mrgreen:

hoping to have it done by 4th of july weekend. and the 7up box had a small cooler that fits in it. with room to spair for some aluminum bottles full of . . .?? i dont know yet, i just know they fit. hahah

It does look like a worksman frame. I have two. one is built, the other is stripped to the frame. The pillow blocks, axle and sprockets are still available from Worksman for these trikes and reasonably priced. I am curious to see how your 'fixie' setup works out. Can you mount a mid-drive hub on your frame? That would allow coaster brakes...just a thought.
My 'Hot Rod' worksman:
22755_1234407458774_1186816724_30591397_3101433_n.jpg

RatTrick said:
It does look like a worksman frame. I have two. one is built, the other is stripped to the frame. The pillow blocks, axle and sprockets are still available from Worksman for these trikes and reasonably priced. I am curious to see how your 'fixie' setup works out. Can you mount a mid-drive hub on your frame? That would allow coaster brakes...just a thought.
My 'Hot Rod' worksman:
22755_1234407458774_1186816724_30591397_3101433_n.jpg
honestly the only reason i dont have a mid frame hub, is because i have nooooo idea how to mount it. can someone spot me in the right direction? :D thanks. and nice trike! love orange bikes.

If your frame is compatible, there would be two dropout hangers welded behind the chainstays like this:
4f7f4d01.jpg

box is all sanded and stained and stuff.

001 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

color didnt change much, but thats fine with me so long as its waterproof.

003 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
the aluminum bottles that will be going in. theres three. the inside may be painted black because of some bad stains. opinions?

004 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
the "bed" also got some stain, but since its a lighter wood it doesnt look as good. probably find something darker.

at least you'll have reverse, :lol: . The crate looks great!

few little things more got done. mounted the wood on the frame, cut the grill for the bbq, and added a liscence plate. buuut since the camera is dead,itll have to wait till tommorow. :mrgreen: maybe ill get moredone by then. oh! also mountedthe basket on rght. gunna put some news papers in tere for my grandpa.

Looks good Andrew :p I'd paint the box black inside to make it look cleaner :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks good Andrew :p I'd paint the box black inside to make it look cleaner :wink:
im probably goin to do that that because the white is stayng kinda tacky, im not sure what happened. my neighbor has seen this trik and he always laughs and asks what im goin to paint it. today he saw it forthe first tim and asked if we culd grill some burgers on it in the park. tol him he can ride it there, and ill follow with KRUSH. :mrgreen: better get this don asap. (note: hes a 65 yo veteran who lives with 14 people in his house. yes 14. so he loves getting out)

Yeah I think im going to have to build a trike for sure<This looks cool I cant wait to see it finished!

Re: project backburner low low low budget

003 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

sorry bout the bad pictures. but i lowered it about 4 inches. flipped the rear axle on top, cut some blocks )not seen here) and cut a notch for the chain (also not seen here) so i have about 2 inches of clearence for the pedals, but im probably going to put a shorter crank for good measure (bad pun number two). different sprocket to, but not to much of a change. also cut a smaller grill to hold the briquets.

Back