JC Higgins Bicycle stolen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok the thing has been chained out front since before I lived in this house. So yeah I could see someone thinking they had to save it. I've wanted to take it and bring it back to life for a long time. I live in my Step Moms old house and it was her bike. After ten years of tring to talk her into letting me bring it back, she broke down and said I could at Thanksgiving. When I went to start my car this morning I noticed it was gone. Every time I walk up to my house I look at it, and think about what I'm gonna do to it, its what started my obsession. My obsession is what led my Step mom into letting me fix her bike. She saw all the bikes I've built, and the 17 bikes cant part with. So I posted on CL and someone texted me saying he was glad it was taken, its a shame to see it just rust, and it was in a good home. I sent back that I was getting ready to save it so Im not glad. I would post his number, but Im not sure if I can do that here.
Anyway my Dad told me she was gonna give it to me, and he filed a report. I should have put it back in my shed, but every time I moved it one of her friends would call her and ask what happend to her bike, had I known it was gonna be mine I would have rebuilt it already, but I'm afraid of her. So it sat, and now I'm gonna have to buy more bikes to fill the hole.
Sometimes I wished it was gone, like every spring when waves of guys on bikes would come knocking asking to buy it, and her telling me everytime it's not for sale. I wish I would have taken the coke bottle grips and the tank off first.
The only pic I could find
SchwinnBantam1980.jpg

That really sucks! :x I bet the guy who texted you was the one who took it :idea:

I can ony hope he dumps a bunch of cash into it, and it get stolen. If I ever see it it I will just take it back. Since I'm moving he will never find me. I may even leve a note thanking him for fixing it. I just hope he keeps it, if he sells it and I take it I'm no better than him. Since I never took down any numbers if I ever see it I will have no way of ever knowing it. So I'm just blowing off some steam.
It just bugs me. I put it in the back yard many times, to keep it safe or keep guys like me from trying to buy it. Then I would get a call form my Dad that someone called them asking where her bike was. So I waould have to put it back, only to find out that she had a feelling this would happen, and that she was gonna give it to me anyway. I'm ticked off, and confused. If it was mine, why did I have to keep it out front, and not play with it? Sure I have a lot of bikes, but not that one.

Even if the guy who texted didnt take it, the fact that he texed that makes me want to take something from him.

Latest posts

Back